Strategic Financial Planning Manager
7 days left
- Work at the heart of Government to transform finance
- Opportunity to lead strategic business planning and influence the economy
About Our Client
This is an exciting time for HMRC as it is transforming into a modern tax authority, equipped for the future needs of customers.
HMRC is a highly visible and integral part of UK Central Government whose role is increasingly critical given recent economic shifts. This transformation will see HMRC become a smaller, more digital and more commercial organisation.
The Strategic Financial Planning Manager is responsible for:
Supporting the delivery of detailed business planning
- Delivering strategic plans for the next five years of HMRC's future spend
- Setting budgets and efficiency targets through agreement with HMRC's Executive Committee
Leading strategic transformation
- Transform financial management across the department, including forecasting, cost management, and business planning
- Analyse business plans, understand trends, highlight issues and draw on insight to generate departmental strategies
- Review business area updates, identify capacity issues and advise ministers
Building strong relationships
- Work with business area strategy teams to understand their business plans and help them understand the wider departmental position across HMRC and Cabinet Office to ensure any issues/challenges are managed constructively
- Seeing the big picture and being able to think innovatively and imaginatively
The Successful Applicant
As part of the senior leadership team you will be driving best practice through an exciting period of change and growth for HMRC. To deliver the best results for HMRC, you will need to demonstrate that you have developed strategic thinking skills at a high level and are able to communicate with senior stakeholders.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Professionally qualified with a CCAB institute and has some leadership experience.
- Well organised, with excellent financial and analytical skills, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and will need to be capable of working effectively across internal boundaries to achieve solutions at pace
- Operate strategically at all levels, with a strong track record of building effective partnerships very quickly
- Have an interest in wider government spending position, ministerial priorities and the overall UK economic outlook
- Demonstrate enthusiasm as an ambassador for finance
- Previous leadership experience and management (coaching skills)
- Communication skills, excellent written and oral, with the ability to explain complex detail while providing well-reasoned professional advice
- Emotional intelligence, to help negotiate and deliver difficult messages
- Analytical skills, ability to handle large amounts of data and derive insight, to add value
- Strong Excel skills
What's on Offer
HMRC is a truly fluid Department who is committed to their staffs' career enjoyment and enhancement.
This is a highly engaging role, offering £53,000 salary with access to swift progression and the Civil Service Pension scheme.
As part of the senior leadership team you will be driving best practice through an exciting period of change and growth for HMRC, partnering on key issues impacting the UK government and economy.
Accountancy > City of Westminster > Strategic Financial Planning Manager
Ref Code: MPFE13927775Z
Apply for Strategic Financial Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly