Business Improvement Consultant
Working to improve processes and improve business performance.
Large media/telco provider
Purpose of Role
The role holder translates senior client business issues into effective Business Improvement projects and programmes that make measured improvements to business performance, service performance or customer satisfaction.
Using high-level insightful analysis he/she designs and manages customer centric Business Improvement programmes that deliver customer satisfaction, cost reduction and revenue growth. Acting as an ambassador of Business Improvement he/she influences operational people by adopting different working practices, by closely involving them in the development of Business Improvement activity and enabling them to implement and sustain the changes.
- To lead and deliver all aspects of strategic improvement/change initiatives/ activity in a defined functional discipline or cross-business process
- To lead key business improvement and change programmes linked directly to the business strategy
- To lead and deliver all aspects of analysis that will lead to the identification of programmes/ major change initiatives in defined functional disciplines
- To support the Head of Business Improvement/functional business area discipline in building the appropriate business improvement skills infrastructure within BT group
- To embed a BI way of working at all levels of the organisation that delivers sustainable improvement including improved customer satisfaction, increased revenues and decreased costs
- To motivate, enthuse and persuade people to use the Business Improvement approach
- To demonstrate the value of using the "business improvement" approach by helping people to understand what it is and how it will help them to achieve their goals
- To challenge non-fact based decisions and create both innovative and disciplined ways of working
- To communicate the BI approach in a compelling, inspiring and interesting way using real case study examples
- To lead external / internal benchmarking activities in support of improvement initiatives
- To provide a common point for the migration of best practice/ performance into wider activities to utilise best practice activity
- To ensure a standard and consistent approach is maintained.
- To develop and maintain an excellent relationship with key internal/ external customers and suppliers as appropriate for ongoing improvement initiatives/activities
- To lead and manage a Business Improvement Team and/ or Consultants
- Impact is primarily short to mid term, but would develop plans to improve long term-measured performance
Accountable for all aspects of the delivery of major change/strategic initiatives within the defined functional discipline
- The ability to test / challenge current thinking and implement new approaches, practices/policies.
- Excellent ability to influence decision makers and operational teams ('Head of ..' and more senior management)
- Excellent understanding and use of analytical tools, techniques and behaviours
- Excellent ability to lead and direct high performance teams, with good product/ process/ quality/ customer satisfaction knowledge
- Recognised authority across the organisation in specific business improvement discipline
- Sound understanding of the business environment internally and externally, through operational business experience in manufacturing, call centre, field engineering, account management, service/ relationship management or other related disciplines
- Demonstrable leadership and direction of peer and virtual teams
- Business Process Management, design and implementation
- Business Improvement, Quality systems/tools and techniques design and implementation
- People and programme leadership skills
- Understanding of the formulation of the measures set that will underpin key programmes/ major change initiatives
Great opportunity for role in large company working on highest profile transformation in the sector