Transport General Manager
4 days left
The Transport General Managers role will be key in driving the ongoing growth and development of the wider business. You will be responsible for all operational efficiency's alongside working with the board of directors on a strategic basis to help improve service levels and cost efficiencies.
My Client are a reputable family run business who specialise in providing tailor made Logistics solutions to a number of well regarded businesses nationally. They have a number of sites based in the Northern Home counties and turnover a healthy profit that has grown consistently every year.
- Managing a team of up to 100 people
- Ensuring all operational efficiencies are carried out to the highest possible standards
- Work alongside other senior managers/directors to help implement any/all continuous improvement projects
- You will take a strong focus on customer engagement including dealing with complaints and helping the sales team to provide expert advice/evaluation of service to win new business.
- Ensure all compliance procedures are adhered to at all times
- A Strong understanding of budgets is essential as you will have a large input in to the financial aspects of you department and how that effects the wider business.
- Conduct regular customer meetings to review performance, service levels and advise on any changes necessary.
- Help to support the the transport director in any departmental programmes.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure optimal service levels
- Ensure that all driver compliance regarding WTD/EU laws is adhered to
- Maintain regular communication with colleagues across all departments across the business.
The successful candidate will be a conscientious and driven character who will help to drive business forward through operational management and strategy. You will be well versed in all areas of compliance, people management and Health and Safety.
Pallet network experience is preferred.
- Great career progression
- competitive salary
- Opportunity to work for a friendly team who value their people