Group Project Accountant
- Fantastic first move into industry
- Reporting directly into the Group FC with visibility up to Group Board level
About Our Client
Renold PLC is an International, Listed Engineering Group and market leader in its field with roots that date back as far as 1864. Their products are used worldwide on a daily basis from cement making to chocolate manufacturing, subway trains to power stations, escalators to quarries; anywhere something needs to be lifted, moved, rotated or conveyed. Employing over 2,500 people in more than 23 countries, they're a family-feel PLC with a truly global presence. Senior Management at Renold are driven to educate and empower their employees to continue learning whilst progressing through the business. Predecessors of this role have often progressed into promotional positions within the organisation due to the development and flexibility on offer.
Your key responsibilities in this exciting and highly visible role will be to:
- Assist in the preparation of the IFRS Group Annual Report and half year accounts and take ownership of numerous UK GAAP financial statements
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for the Group Finance Director to support delivery of the Group's Annual and Strategic Plans
- Be a key player in the annual planning/budgeting process for the Group including continuous improvement objectives in the budget process
- Take responsibility for the drafting of commentary for the FD Report, highlighting any issues/variances in the monthly management accounts
- Report the result for both division and Group at month end (alongside the Group Management Accountant)
- Support the Corporate Development Director on M&A activity
- Undertake core Finance audits
- Perform ad-hoc projects agreed as directed by the Group Head of Risk and Assurance
- Spend circa 5 weeks of the year travelling internationally, conducting audits on sites globally
The Successful Applicant
Are you a tenacious self-starter who will thrive in a diverse role with plenty of authority and exposure from the start? Do you want high visibility to senior management within a growing group?
Renold PLC's new Group Project Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA)
- Have significant audit experience
- Show excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have up to date, strong, technical knowledge of IFRS with experience of writing technical accounting papers
- Take a professional approach and have the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
- Show a willingness to travel (including internationally)
- Be pro-active and self-motivated
This role will suit someone from a large accountancy firm (Big Four or Top Ten) who will qualify in September or is relatively recently qualified.
What's on Offer
The salary range for this role is between £40,000 and £44,000 dependent on experience. There is also an excellent pension and great benefits such as a free on-site gym.
Ref Code: MPFE13933837Z