Divisional Managing Director
Our client is a UK division of a global group, specialising in the manufacturing of construction, drainage and civil engineering products in the UK. Their manufacturing capabilities, technical knowledge and extensive product ranges makes them one of Europe’s leading experts across their sectors. They have a UK network of 27 branches and employ 280 talented individuals; their people and their knowledge are at the heart of the business. With a turnover of c.£60m. they are well poised for continued growth and expansion, both organic and through targeted acquisition.
Expert and knowledgeable people are what sets them apart from their competitors. The company invests in the people with world-class training and development programmes, and generous benefits packages for long term service. They are proud to have been recognised with a Investors in People Gold accreditation.
Due to the current incumbent moving to another remit within the group, they now seek a Managing Director for the UK operation.
You will have a demonstrable track record for delivering strong commercial growth, strategy and man-management within a mid to large sized industrial manufacturing organisation, preferably with a similar product offering and a route to market that includes house builders, merchants, sheds and branch networks.
Strategy, Processes & Policies
- Directs the formulation, interpretation and communication of the overall long-range strategy, principles, policies, planning and objectives;
- Contributes to the definition and execution of the overall strategy;
- Translates the PPS overall strategy and the strategy into a year plan/budget and communicates it to his teams;
- Has full P&L responsibility for the business.
- Directs and coordinates all functions of the management team responsible for the area, acting as its Chairman;
- Assures the development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of an innovative internal climate in which management for top-most succession is nurtured;
- Steers, manages and advises all functional Managers within the business (with a clear focus on sales and customer experience (branch network) as core activity of the operation. Also leads the Marketing, Purchasing and Business support functions for the area;
- Consolidates all budget plan proposals and submits the budget for discussion and approval;
- Allocates resources to business and functional Managers within the operation for the country/region he/she is assigned to;
- Analyses business and operating reports submitted by subordinates and implements necessary corrective actions to ensure objectives are met;
- Provides strategic and tactical review of performance on a regular basis for initiation or approval of required adjustments of short- and long-term planning based on operating results.
- Promotes a high quality and performance-driven internal climate, based on a close collaboration with HR as business partner;
- Communicates the vision, values, strategy and results within the organization he/she is responsible for in order to generate the necessary commitments;
- Creates clarity about objectives and responsibilities;
- Enhances a strong identity within the country by means of effective internal and external communication.
- Ensures the business and Group viewpoint is represented in all relevant internal and external influential groups/organizations;
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external parties relevant to the interests and needs of the assigned organization;
- Ensures actions are initiated to contribute to the visibility and image of the business.
We are looking for individuals who can bring an inclusive management and culturally sensitive approach.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV and current package details to our exclusive retained consultant, Miles Greenslade at Adjacency.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Adjacency for consideration.
Apply for Divisional Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly