Director of Technology
4 days left
Leading global information services provider with lots of transformation ongoing over the next 2 to 5 years.
Director of Technology / IT Director - London
Director of Technology to lead and develop the IT organisation and systems. Reporting to the President of the company, the role will create a business technology vision and provide the overall leadership for the development of this plan, collaborating with, and communicating it effectively to senior management.
Areas to be covered in this approach include product development of web and mobile solutions, systems integration, IT operations and infrastructure, managing internal IT resources and representing business requirements and priorities with third-party vendors, partners and providers both on and offshore.
The Director of Technology is responsible for ensuring that company databases, systems, editorial, data and research content, and technology infrastructure required to support the company's operations are managed effectively and reliably on a day-to-day basis, making the best use of available resources:
- Establish the company's technical vision and lead all aspects of the company's technological development in support of the broader business strategy.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production, information services, research and data analysis and operate as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and support to senior management for IT projects and daily operations in a fashion that supports the company's culture, mission and values.
- Provide architectural input and potential solutions.
- Oversee operation and evolution of client website and mobile delivery platforms as well as for new product offerings from conceptualization to deployment.
- Provide accountability for IT projects, operations, quality and relevant budgets.
- Manage and develop IT staff with appropriate action and training plans.
- Oversee 3rd party IT providers to promote alignment and ensure SLAs are maintained.
- Manage external programmers responsible for applications development.
- Monitor ongoing IT health of our business, including uptime, security, licenses, hardware and related services; address and escalate as needed.
- Accountable for IT business continuity, disaster recovery and related planning.
- Create and deliver on a company-wide communication plan, including with stakeholders, end users and vendors.
- Champion IT and development solutions internally and externally, including via direct customer interactions to develop requirements and determine solutions.
Director of Technology / IT Director - London
- Director of Technology / IT Director
- Worked across Information services / Publishing would be an advantage but not essential.
- Managed global offshore / 3rd parties across multi locations.
- Clearly articulate IT solutions for complex business problems including recommendations for software applications, their implementation and integration.
- Experience of reviewing and producing technical policies, recommendations, and cost-benefit analysis / risk return profiles for technology options.
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability to organize, direct, manage and deliver projects in a timely and high-quality manner and ability to manage several projects in parallel. Experience with agile/scrum-based development methodologies.
- Select and manage 3rd party vendors both on and offshore
- Strong stakeholder management including understanding needs of internal and external stakeholders, formulating related technical specifications, working with external providers and owning end-to-end RFP / MSA / SOW processes.
- Experience with database structure & development, SEO technology and content management systems.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse, ETL and API-based delivery of data.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate degree in IT Management, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Substantial experience managing technology competently including demonstrated experience with full software development lifecycles appropriate for small, agile development groups.
- Experience within the information services, media or energy industry is preferred.
- Experience managing IT needs and resources for a global, round-the-clock business is preferred.
- Significant experience of web development, UX, e-commerce transactions, web publishing systems, CMS systems, access and entitlement systems and data tools is preferred.
£90k to £120k + package