Healthcare Funding Specialist - NHS
Working across developing markets, the Prosperity Fund (A UK Government initiative) seeks to promote systemic changes in partner countries through several large thematic programmes focusing on middle income countries. It will achieve this through programmes of technical assistance, supporting the development of policy frameworks, standards and systems that will underpin long-term, sustainable change.
The primary focus of this role will be on realisation of these secondary commercial opportunities emerging from the Prosperity Fund Better Health Programme which focuses on eight key countries including Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar. This programme will carry out targeted interventions to deliver improved health and related economic growth outcomes in these countries, contributing to national poverty reduction objectives and aiming to benefit women and girls.
The specialist will act as an overarching commercial coordinator who understands the commercial opportunities coming through the pipeline and has a good handle on the UK suppliers that are being matched to these opportunities.
Regular briefing and performance reporting of the project will be required.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for an exceptional individual who:
- Has a strong business development background and bidding for and winning international work
- Specialised knowledge of the complex NHS organisational structure, a good network of contacts and the authority to open doors within this sector
- Is familiar with the healthcare sector and UK strengths therein (the successful candidate can draw on the team’s collective knowledge, but should fully understand UK healthcare sector)
- Good communications skills to articulate UK Healthcare sector offers and showcase to buyers
- Has experience of working internationally and with Government and associated organisations
- Has experience working with or in NHS provider organisations
- Is an excellent team player and has a proactive approach
- Good project management skills
- Is willing to undertake international travel
- 4 days a week
- To Jan 2019