Our client is a Private Equity backed Technology group that has delivered an average 25% annual international sales growth for the last two years. The recent private equity investment will build on this growth in a drive to double the size of the business over the next three to five years through both organic and acquisition-driven growth plans. The company is now clearly established as a leading independent technology specialist - focused solely on delivering exceptional customer service strategies and solutions. It brings over 18 years’ expertise in the delivery of best practice technology solutions, and has a track record of success in helping a wide range of businesses (including some of the world’s largest organisations) transform their customer operations to create brilliant customer experiences.
There is now a fantastic opportunity for a first class candidate to join the Finance team to support the Head of FP&A in delivering financial reporting, analysis, forecasting and planning of the business. In addition, you will support M&A activity, commercial, project and ad hoc activities. This role has specific focus on the development and maintenance of new and existing financial models, and the adaptation of the above functions with the move of accounting system from Sage to Dynamics.
More specifically, the role will support the Head of FP&A in delivering the following:
- Consolidated monthly management reporting from the figures generated by the finance team
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly forecasting, including review meetings with budget holders
- Board Pack including commentary
- Annual budgeting
- Work with finance teams in subsidiary companies to obtain the information required for the above tasks, and to ensure that reporting formats/templates/mapping are aligned
- Develop, maintain and improve the financial models to support the above tasks
- Improve integration of subsidiary reporting
- Develop and maintain existing 5 year plan including any effects from M&A activities
- Adapt, develop and maintain new and existing models following the move of accounting system from Sage 200 to MS Dynamics
- Use integrated BI tools in MS Dynamics to improve and simplify management reporting
- Assist in the improvement of current month-end processes through the automation and re-design of existing templates and procedures
- Modelling of companies for potential acquisition, deliverables to include:
- Integrated balance sheet, P&L and cashflow
- Impact on banking covenants
- Functionality for sensitivity analysis/what-if scenarios based on a number of variables
- Provide information to senior management to assist in decision-making regarding the potential transaction(s)
- Provide general support to the Group CFO, Group FC and management accounts team
- Provide financial support to non-finance team stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The role would be suited to a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with post qualified experience gained in a Financial Planning / Commercial Finance role. If you have worked in a private equity backed organisation and/or larger organisations to “know what good looks like” and help adopt best practise techniques, then even better. Advance Excel modelling skills would be a significant.