A world leading Logistics business is recruiting a General Manager to lead one of their large-scale operations in the Kent area.
As the General Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leadership of a large scale and fast paced logistics operation in the Dartford area
- Full P&L responsibility of both warehousing and transport operations
- To maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the site providing leadership, focusing on customer requirement, effective operational performance, colleague engagement and succession planning
- To deliver sustainable growth and business performance through effective management of the operation
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement across all departments
- Develop and agree the operational budget and deliver against the budget
- Drive and deliver organic growth
- Develop strong relationships with the customer's management team
- Develop strong management capability through effective performance management, mentoring and development of the team
- Manage within the organisations HR processes to create a positive work environment
The ideal General Manager will have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Leadership experience of a large scale and high-volume operation
- Experience of leading a joint transport and warehousing operation.
- Food distribution experience preferable, however, not essential
- Develops and delivers innovative solutions and services that create value for customers and the business
- Develops strategies/plans aligned to the business' organisational strategy
- A track record in driving continuous improvement and successfully achieving exemplary operational performance
- Has thorough knowledge of the customers' and competitive environment
- A track record in the leadership of people strategies, processes and policies
- Experience of working in partnership with line management and adherence to legislative and market requirements to achieve the aspiration of an employer of choice
My client is amongst the world's elite logistics provider and is able to provide unprecedented career progression opportunities.