Head of Commercial Investments & Services
Up to £120k base plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a mid-sized UK services and infrastructure organisation.
The Head of Commercial Investments will be responsible for driving growth within a new and profitable division of the larger business. The Division currently has a portfolio of infrastructure investments and also delivers services to third parties under commercial contracts.
The Head of Commercial Investments will be responsible for taking this division's activity to a new level, supported by investment from the Group and its shareholders into new markets to drive a step change in revenues. It is envisaged that this will be done by:
- Strategic acquisitions of businesses in adjacent markets where the company can add value and secure revenue growth
- Identifying and securing opportunities for the company to deploy resources to service third party contracts
- Investing in more labour to allow more and larger service contracts to be delivered within a wider geographical remit than the company's current footprint
- Investing into relevant industry projects and technologies
- Identifying and delivering synergistic acquisition and investment opportunities
- Lead the identification and analyses of new commercial business opportunities
- Lead the negotiation of new commercial contracts to contractual close and then deliver the services required by these contracts
- M&A experience, either in an advisory or principal role
- Experience within the infrastructure sector - water, rail, gas, ports, renewables, telco, etc.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, developing, negotiating and delivering new commercial business opportunities
- Big 4 experience would be advantageous
- Demonstrable track record of influencing internally and externally to Board level
- Sound knowledge of long-term business planning and annual budgeting processes
- Great leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Sound knowledge of commercial, legal and regulatory risks in an infrastructure environment