Architectural Technician - Planning Bias
Architectural Technician required to join a luxury, privately owned developer based in their Homes Counties region and form a critical part of the technical team across building technology and planning. You will be coordinating with multiple stakeholders in first obtaining planning permissions and then applying building regulations and NHBC conditions.
Privately owned residential developer with a national presence, focusing on the luxury end of the market with a real passion for detail, quality of design and construction to the point where no expense is spared to get it right. They have a real pride in their product which filters down to all levels.
One of the newest regions for the business, they are looking to build their technical team with like-minded professionals who strive for perfection.
You will be responsible for all architectural aspects within the new region, which will primarily see you ensure all changes from the group design portfolio meet local planning guidelines. Your focus will be on both building technology and design and planning. This will see you:
- Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval
- Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and aid with discharge of planning conditions
- Ensuring S106 and Condition discharge are approved/under way prior to commencement of development
- Oversee preparation/prepare Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans, Legal Plans and Sales Area drawings
- Manage SAP's / EPC's
- Issuing drawings for drawing issues / procurement packs - for Technical department
- Assist with architectural design as required
- Checking 3rd party design
- Attend Site Meetings & Provide Technical Support to Site & Sales Personnel
You will ideally have residential developer experience, which can be either from working directly in house or with a consultancy. You must be a team player as critically this will contribute to ensuring the success of the new region. Attention to detail and strong knowledge of building regulations and planning conditions in order to ensure applications are submitted successfully.
You take pride in your work and enjoy seeing it through on-site to completion.
Competitive remuneration with excellent personal development