Head of Operations - Cyber Security
Head of Operations – Cyber Security – M40 corridor/West Midlands
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and award-winning provider of cyber security services to global organisations. The business is exceptionally high growth, growing at almost twice the pace of the market, and is a market leader in terms of expertise and IP with numerous high profile clients across key sectors including financial services, business services, telecoms & IT, legal services and consumer & retail.
The business has two core market offerings: Professional Services (essentially consultancy) and a number of Managed Services to a mixture of SME and corporate clients.
The Head of Operations (HoO) role is a new and pivotal role that lies at the heart of future success. This is a broad role responsible for the delivery of the established business strategy and providing leadership across operations and support functions. As the day to day operational leader, it will be the HoO's responsibility to coach and develop their management team enabling them to improve and deliver results in line with targets and group expectation while delivering market-leading standards of customer service. The HoO will also be expected to develop a clear understanding of market trends and dynamics, factoring them in to operational plans and deliverables ensuring the business can remain nimble and able to take advantage of market conditions more quickly than its competitors. The delivery of incisive management information and reports will be critical to this role and the successful applicant will be required to develop the existing suite to fulfil expectations.
- Leader of the Operational Management Team responsible for running the entire service delivery of the business.
- Operational leadership of the business, responsible for the execution of business strategy, reflecting the core objective of delivering high integrity customer service.
- Providing clear direction, ensuring efficient operations, with the emphasis on people management, team leadership, prudent cost management and risk management, developing a lean business culture whilst delivering a strong customer experience.
- P&L responsibility and maximising productivity.
- An established customer focused senior executive, with direct experience in operating as part of a Board-level team in a dynamic organisation, in which close proximity to customers is key.
- A demonstrable track-record of customer focused operational delivery in any B2B IT and/or professional service environment, and maintenance of high levels of customer service in a dynamic and growing business.
- A demonstrable track record of innovation, adding value to services through leading and delivering on wide ranging transformational programmes including new operating models and methods of delivery to achieve more effective and valued services.
- Have a “continuous improvement” approach to the role (driving efficiencies and process improvements) and be aware of how the delivery impacts financial performance.
- Substantial experience of successfully leading, motivating, managing and developing a diverse group of professional staff to achieve outstanding results and service improvements.
- Significant exposure to managing customer operations; contact centre and customer services functions.
- A proven track record of setting, monitoring and analysing targets for teams.
- A driven, self-starter. Demonstrable gravitas in managing professional staff.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to engage, empower, motivate and develop staff and create a high performance organisational culture.
- Able to articulate, champion and deliver new operating models and principles to develop the business acumen of the teams and drive forward cultural change.
- Committed to the highest quality, cost effective services. Inspires all staff to take a customer focused and value for money approach towards everything they do.
- Strong business acumen, ability to deliver under pressure, with a capacity and track record in delivering innovative customer focused solutions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to understand strategic business requirements.
- Excellent people management skills and a demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility.
- Must have the capacity for creative thinking and looking to obtain maximum commercial advantage for the Company's service offering.
- IT and technologically literate and able to understand the external customer situation.
- Demonstrates a “make it happen” can-do attitude and is willing to do what needs to be done to achieve the plan.
Candidates may be working in another sector of IT (e.g. distribution, professional consultancy and or, in-house IT departments) and looking to move to a Cyber security business. Applications from outside of the IT sector or function are unlikely to be successful in this role.
*Please apply stating current remuneration and notice period.