Corporate Finance Manager
2 days left
- Exciting opportunity to join an acquisitive manufacturing plc based in Melksham
- Would suit a strong corporate finance professional with M&A and Strategic skills
About Our Client
Avon Rubber plc is an innovative design and engineering group focusing on two core markets, Protection and Dairy. With a strong emphasis on research and development Avon designs, tests and manufactures specialist products from a number of sites in the US, Europe and the UK, serving markets around the world. Avon is quoted on the LSE, has annual sales of c.£160m and a market capitalisation of c.£450m.
Avon's Protection business is the recognised global market leader in advanced chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) respiratory protection systems for the world's military, homeland security, first responder and fire markets.
Avon's world-leading Dairy business and its Milkrite¦InterPuls brand also has a global market leading position. With a long history of manufacturing liners and tubing for the dairy milking industry, Milkrite¦InterPuls has become the leading innovator and designer for products and services at the critical point of the milking system where it interfaces with the animal.
Avon have undertaken a strategic review to define the medium and longer term growth ambitions. The vision is to continue to grow the business focusing on the three strategic objectives: organic sales growth from the current portfolio; supportive and selective product development; and value enhancing acquisitions. The strong cash position of the Group highlights that funding is in place in support of the right value enhancing acquisition opportunities.
Reporting into the Deputy CFO and working closely with the CFO, the Corporate Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Directors and the wider Group Executive management team to define and deliver the corporate development agenda, reflecting the overall corporate strategy and, where required, project manage the delivery of projects;
- Project management of the Group's annual strategy update and support alignment to the 3 year planning process;
- Analysis of competitors and M&A targets;
- Project control for M&A and other corporate development projects;
- Evaluation of M&A and other projects to critically analyse from a commercial and financial perspective the business case including:
- Understanding of operational business plans
- Preparation/review of financial models, valuations and other detailed financial analysis
- Preparation/review of recommendations to Board/Group Executive/Executive Directors
- Management of external advisors (bankers, lawyers and accountants)
- Management and development of internal stakeholders as required depending on the nature/stage of the project being undertaken (Protection, Dairy, Finance, Legal)
- Developing external and internal networks to facilitate the above
- Preparation and presentation of briefing reports and updates on corporate development activity to the Board/Group Executive
The Successful Applicant
The Corporate Development Manager will be a key player in driving the strategic direction of the business.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Think strategically and demonstrate clarity of thought and understanding of projects being considered;
- Identify patterns, connections and underlying issues in complex situations, both internally and externally;
- Understand how the results of various projects fit into the broader Group context;
- Command respect internally and externally with an ability to communicate with effectiveness and gravitas throughout all layers of the organisation;
- Take responsibility for discovering, understanding stakeholders' perspectives;
- Apply strong intellectual curiosity and probing;
- Focus on identifying opportunities/issues and taking proactive action to progress;
- Develop and maintain pro-active relationships with business management and external network of advisors on a strategic level.
Key requirements include:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent;
- Recognised professional qualification;
- Big 4 accountant or investment bank corporate finance experience preferred;
- Significant experience of M&A and other business/corporate development activity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prepared to undertake international travel.
What's on Offer
Ref Code: MPFE13925982Z
Apply for Corporate Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly