Head of Finance
A well known International Bank is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to lead their growing finance team. It's an exciting time for the bank as they are looking to grow their UK operations considerably in order to compete with some of the larger UK/international banking groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of 5 and your key responsibilities would be:
- Lead the production of the statutory financial statements and annual accounts and ensure these are prepared in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with statutory requirements and IFRS
- Formulating the business plans/budgets and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends, and to opportunities to maximize earnings and to minimize risk
- Presenting to the ExCo/Management committee/ALCO, the Board. Providing management information of a financial nature, and its interpretation for effective business decision making to maximize return on business
- As a certified individual under the SMR, ensure required steps are taken to comply with the SMR and all regulatory requirements
- Supervise the production of the regulatory returns including ensuring an appropriately detailed review of all regulatory returns are completed ahead of submission to CFO and/or externally
- Lead the preparation, update and maintenance of all policy and procedure manuals
- Manage the Accounts Payable process to ensure control over the operating expenses and the capital expenditure programme results in adherence to budget limits
- In conjunction with other business managers and functional heads, ensure that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained
- Co-ordinate the external audit functions of books and records, and statutory and regulatory financial statements.
They are looking for:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience working a similar level role within a financial services organisation
- Banking experience is essential.
- Technically strong accountant with regulatory reporting knowledge
- Managerial experience
The salary on offer is in the region of £85,000 - £90,000 plus benefits and bonus. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact 02077479724.