Director of Reporting & Planning
The company is going through a transformation and is looking for a technically strong qualified Director of Reporting & Planning to report into the CFO and lead a team through change.
The organisation is entering an exciting period as a result of funding and is on a positive trajectory. It has a collegiate environment and is based in London. A new growth strategy and restructure means they are looking for a Director of Reporting & Planning to take on the following responsibilities:
- Preparing the business strategy, annual budget and rolling forecasts
- Leading financial analysis to develop insights in support of company strategy and major business decisions
- Providing insightful and timely analysis of performance against budget/forecast and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Overall capital / cash planning
- Effectively controlling costs by periodic cost reviews
- Overseeing a team responsible for financial reporting and be hands on in the preparation of quarterly accounts under IFRS to be reported to listed parent companies and separately to other stakeholders including lenders and bond holders
- Managing tax compliance requirements in conjunction with external outsourced tax advisor
- Coordinating with external auditors and internal teams on any audit needs
- Acting as a gatekeeper to ensure consistency and quality of financial information to stakeholders
The successful Director of Reporting & Planning will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant who has strong IFRS experience, as well as long term planning, budgeting and forecasting. In addition, they will have extensive experience of leading a team in retail and ideally speak Mandarin.