- High Growth Business Going Through an Exciting Period of Change
- Lead, Develop and Shape the Finance Team
- Engage with the Business and Support and Enable Growth
This high growth, investor backed, services business is enjoying rapid growth globally and is in a period of positive change. They are offering an exceptional opportunity for a talented and ambitious FC to secure a role with a remit to be at the forefront of an exciting transformation agenda within its finance team which is intended to develop, revitalise and align the finance team closely to the business; ensure robust controls and processes are in place; and elevate the quality of information and insight provided to the business. You will play a key role in establishing the foundations to support rapid growth will benefit from exposure to a high-quality CFO and external investors. The business is set to enter a period of rapid growth and this is an excellent opportunity to test and develop your skills in a fast-paced environment.
The remit of this newly created role will cover:
- Supporting the implementation of a new finance structure intended to make the department more agile and responsive to business needs;
- Providing leadership and direction to the finance team, with a strong focus on developing people through a period of change;
- Oversight of day to day and periodic finance operations and processes (month end, quarter end, year-end)
- Tax, treasury (FX and cash managements);
- Preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors;
- Preparation of management, investor and bank reports;
- Championing a business partnering mentality within the finance team that will bring finance out of the ‘back office’;
- Identifying efficiencies and opportunities to streamline processes that will allow a focus on ‘value add’ finance activities; and
- Supporting the CFO through the sale process.
To be considered for this role you will be:
- A qualified accountant already established in an FC or Finance Manager role where you have been responsible for an end to end finance function;
- A proven leader capable of taking a finance team through a period of change and development with a track record of developing your people and delivering cultural change;
- Technically strong with a broad knowledge of tax and statutory accounting matters;
- A proactive and positive individual who enjoys working at pace and enabling change;
- Somebody with a natural desire to engage, and build relationships, with the wider business;
- Able to demonstrate a track record of successfully improving processes and the quality of MI;
- Comfortable in a high growth, rapidly changing, environment and able to work flexibly in an environment where priorities may change quickly; and
- Ideally able to demonstrate experience of FX management and revenue recognition within a multicurrency business with deferred revenue streams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have ownership for shaping a finance team and positioning it to play a key role in the future success of a business and will allow you to develop the leadership skills crucial to securing future FD roles.