Partner Financial is seeking an experienced, Big 4 trained, Senior Group Technical Accounting Manager for a Global organisation.
The business is a genuine World-leader with their sector and has a strong international brand name. They are aligned with several high-growth markets and offer a range of truly innovative services used by diverse range of end customers.
Reporting into the Group Director of Financial Control the successful candidate will perform an advisory role and help to deliver a number of high profile, technical projects including dealing with complex M&A accounting matters and Revenue Recognition.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Being a consultation resource for technical accounting issues and complex business transactions throughout the group and operations;
- Researching, resolving and documenting technical accounting issues;
- Leading on complex M&A technical accounting issues;
- Monitoring and assessing the impact of new accounting standards;
- Maintaining a strong and robust Revenue Recognition policy;
- Establishing a FX Accounting policy;
- Maintaining and updating accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with emerging IFRS/GAAP and to ensure policies remain relevant with evolving business activities;
- Assist in developing and delivering training and education materials to various stakeholders throughout the business;
- Partnering with the External Reporting team to ensure appropriate external disclosure considerations;
- Partnering with other expert accounting functions to develop and ensure consistent application of accounting policies;
- Assist in preparing materials for disclosure and audit committees;
- Assist in special projects, ad hoc research, and other requests as necessary.
The successful candidate will be a Big 4 Trained, ACA qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience, gained within a large company environment and with an in-depth knowledge of IFRS/GAAP standards (in particular IFRS 9/15/16). You will have a strong mix of relationship management and technical accounting skills (including experience of researching, interpreting and applying accounting standards). Candidates who have previous experience gained in a Big 4 Technical Advisory division as a Director or Senior Manager are highly desirable. Finally, experience gained within the Consumer, Retail or Media sector ideally in a FTSE 100 or equivalent size organisation is also highly desirable.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Neil French, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Senior Group Technical Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly