Title: Operations Director
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Salary: Excellent Base Salary; Bonus; Car Allowance, Pension and Benefits
ilke Homes (ilke) is a specialist in the off-site design and manufacture of customisable homes. Produced in a modern off-site environment, ilke’s homes are made simultaneously using precision-engineered techniques – significantly reducing the overall construction time that it takes to build a house.
ilke is an entrepreneurial organisation that aims to provide an innovative solution to the UK’s housing needs. Established in 2017, the company is undergoing a major investment and expansion project at its new manufacturing site in Harrogate – creating a modern and efficient production and supply chain capability. ilke plans to find and develop new production sites across England and Wales, with the goal of being able to produce up-to 5,000 homes a year.
Such is the potential of the off-site residential housing market, and the ambition of the company, ilke’s plan is to establish itself at the vanguard of this sector in the UK, building a business with a significant scale in the process.
To enable it to meet its ambitious growth plans, and to ensure the business continues to develop, ilke is now seeking an experienced and successful Operations executive to lead its manufacturing and supply chain function.
- You will have full strategic and operational responsibility for the manufacturing and supply chain activities of ilke Homes. Encompassing production planning, purchasing, quality, warehousing & distribution, maintenance and FM – you will initially have four direct reports and 130 staff in total. This role will report directly to the CEO of ilke Homes, Bjorn Conway
- Developing the optimum operational and supply chain strategies and processes, you will enable the business to scale up and meet its planned production targets - driving continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives, in line with best practice found in related advanced industrial manufacturing environments
- Provide the leadership and direction for the company’s future production sites, supporting the identification, build, and development of all plants. Coach, mentor and develop your plant leadership teams, enabling the site teams to run their operations autonomously
- This is a unique opportunity to join a new, growing manufacturing business with the ambition to lead and drive the modular home building sector. Here you will have the autonomy to make a significant and positive contribution to its leadership and ongoing development, as well as grow your own responsibility to become a multi-site Operations leader and a key contributor to the group’s success.
- You will be a proven and aspirational Operations professional with experience of leading relevant manufacturing and supply chain functions. With a demonstrable track record within a relevant low-to-medium volume industrial B2B manufacturer, you will possess a clear understanding of the importance of customer service excellence.
- Crucially, you will have significant headroom to grow and develop your career, with the desire and capability to become a multi-site Operations leader within a business of scale. You will be adaptable, agile, and collaborative, with the necessary integrity and values to succeed within ilke’s culture
- With the required energy, drive and gravitas, you will have benefited from having worked in a best-in-class production environment, and experience of leading or contributing to the scale-up development of a manufacturing plant. Ideally, this may have been supplemented with the experience of working for a leading consulting firm, advising organisations how to improve and develop their operational process
- Likely to be from a mechanical engineering and assembly environment, such as the automotive, aerospace, or transportation manufacturing sectors, you will be well-educated – with a relevant first degree and ideally a further qualification such as an MBA.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Catherine Osman on 0121 654 5902.