Finance Improvements Manager
- High visibility finance lead on a significant business transformation project
- Role will develop into a Finance Improvements Manager
About Our Client
Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) is one of the world's leading bus and coach builders with a history and heritage of design, engineering and manufacturing excellence that spans more than a century with offices in UK, USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand. As a pioneer in embracing the latest technology, ADL has brought the widest range of low and zero emission buses to market. The group is now recognised as the leading bus and coach manufacturer in the UK and one of the fastest growing bus and coach builders in Western Europe.
We employ over 2,400 people worldwide and have more than tripled our revenue in the last 10 years, with an increasing proportion resulting from our expanding international footprint. This growth is attributable to our clear strategic focus - delivering lightweight, fuel efficient vehicles with industry-leading reliability, lowest cost of ownership and world class aftermarket support.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Alexander Dennis by Michael Page Finance, where all third part applications will be forwarded. Please use the link below to submit your application.
The company have recently announced a move to a Global Regionalised Reporting Structure. Stage one of this is to have one UK manufacturing company with Regional Profit centres and reporting, whilst also looking to migrate more transactional activities into the Finance Shared Service Centre in Skelmersdale where appropriate. Migrating the accounting responsibility of manufacturing to each global region over time. One of the key deliverables for role holder with the finance function is to restructure and harmonise the GL structure globally by 1st Jan 19 and also to deliver regionalised reporting, requiring remodelling of existing reporting and structures. Our operational team have a key business project, targeting twenty five, key, end to end business processes which require finance support to deliver and implement successfully over the next 18 months to two years. As such this role initially will act as the finance lead resource on the business transformation project delivery initially, in addition to delivery of other smaller finance improvements projects which will then develop into an on-going Finance Improvements Manager role.
This is a hands on role and applicants must have broad experience of finance accounting, finance (and related) systems, process re-engineering, reporting and business modelling and project management. Previous experience of delivering a GL harmonisation project desirable.
In addition to Skelmersdale the role will require time to be spent in our Larbert and Falkirk sites and possibly other UK sites which may be extensive in the initial stages. The role can therefore be based at either site.
Due to the long term nature of the role this is a permanent position being offered.
- Establishing an efficient framework and methodology for all core processes across the global finance function with focus on improving the maturity level of key business processes
- Drive, develop and standardise finance processes, systems and reporting, ensuring consistent development and use across the business
- Support and drive centralisation of activities
- Understand the main system-based processes and transactions (and related) within finance
- Process mapping
- Analysis of Data, Processes and Systems
- Management and delivery of process and systems related projects on behalf of finance, working closely with finance and IT colleagues
- Guide and focus finance resource in the implementation & improvement of processes and systems
- Development of finance (and related) reporting, budgeting and forecasting models (working in conjunction with IT resources)
- Ensuring integrity and structure of finance master data, general ledger codes, systems finance structure, changes etc.
- Analyse various requests for process and system enhancements, weighing up cost / benefit and providing practical solutions
- Act as a consultant within the finance function advising as to business process solutions
- Deliver Finance related systems training
- Work closely with IT resources to:
- Provide a link between finance and the larger IT department on any projects that require finance interaction
- Design, develop, implement and support end user tools that interact with the finance systems
- Develop and maintain new and existing interfaces to and from the finance systems
- Support, develop and maintain the finance reporting systems and requirements
- Organise and control, from a finance support perspective, the implementation of new upgrades, functionality and system wide changes across the department
The Successful Applicant
- Fully qualified account (essential)
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent (project management essential)
- PCI Practitioner (or equivalent change management desirable)
Skills & Knowledge:
- Extensive business, finance, processes, accounting and systems knowledge and knows what 'Good' looks like
- User knowledge of software: - Hyperion; Syspro, basware, payroll and related reporting
- Extensive knowledge of MS office, including advanced spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrable leadership style and results
- Capable of influencing at senior levels within the business and able to deal with conflicting internal demands.
- Proven change management capability
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service and business partnering ethos
- Proven experience in delivery of cross functional business process maturity improvements and system implementation projects to time and budget
- Proven experience of developing, administering, maintaining systems and related software
- Proven experience and ability to manage multiple projects/change initiatives simultaneously
- Proven experience in leading, motivating a wider team within a global business/SSC environment
- Proven experience of successfully managing, communicating and escalating issues
- Experience of process and data mapping
- Ability to plan and effectively deploy resources to maximise utilisation
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive and can do attitude
- Passionate about achievement of personal, team, department and organisational goals
- Professional, respectful approach
- Ability to travel independently
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package dependant on experience
Ref Code: MPFE13926948Z
Apply for Finance Improvements Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly