Partner Financial are working with a high growth, multi-site retail business to source an Interim Head of Finance on a 9 – 12 months interim basis. This opportunity sits in a rapidly evolving business and will be a catalyst for change and bring new rigour and structure. The CFO is looking to recruit an experience professional to support him in a broad and ‘hands on’ role whilst a new permanent senior finance team is appointed.
This role is required to provide day to day leadership of the finance function including Financial Control, Transactional Processing and FP&A. The successful candidate must be an experienced, analytical and highly commercial individual, who has the gravitas to lead and shape the finance function.
- Lead on the development and improvement of efficient processes and controls
- Monthly Reporting - Development and production of monthly reporting pack for the Group Finance Team
- Support the CFO to ensure that the actual financial and operational results are delivered on time
- Budgeting - Lead the budget process for the business take a lead role in ensuring the delivery of a high-quality long-range budget
- Business performance management - To play a proactive and action orientated role in the business by supporting the CFO to efficiently deliver the best medium term financial and operational results possible
- Transactions - Ensure that the high-volume transaction processing is appropriate for the needs of the business
- Team management – Develop, recruit and mentor a best in class finance team
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in Interim Finance Director of Head of Finance roles in medium to large, multi-site business
- Fluent German language skills are highly preferable
- A technically strong accountant with an excellent background in implementing robust financial controls and delivering process improvements
- Superior analytical skills coupled with good strategic business understanding leading to key business insight
- Ability to draw high quality analysis out of the results that drive decisions
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with passion for excellence and innovation
Please note: We will consider candidates that are UK based who will commute and work a 4 or 5 day week in Hamburg as well as German based candidates.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Neil French. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.