Director of Support & Revenue
Everything we do and everywhere we care for costs money. As a charity, we rely on membership fees, donations and legacies, and revenue raised from our commercial operations. And every penny of any profit goes back into our work. We want to make sure we’re delivering meaningful benefits in terms of value and effectiveness, ensuring that we’re making the most of every pound we earn, and spend. Join us as Director of Support & Revenue and you’ll be charged with setting an ambitious support and revenue growth strategy, to finding new and better ways of raising funds, better managing costs and spending the money we have.
What it's like to work here
Heelis, Swindon is one of the Central Offices for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis. The office has over 700 staff from across the Trust’s directorates. The Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
Heelis Swindon is where this role is based. However this role will necessarily require extensive travel across our regions and countries.
What you'll be doing
Above all, you’ll lead the co-ordinated growth of our membership, fundraising and commercial functions; our corporate partnerships and commercially related activities. Inspiring your team to think like fundraisers, you’ll develop our supporter and revenue operations and therefore play a critical role in growing the nation’s love of special places, for everyone, for ever. You’ll set and meet ambitious targets that will propel our organisation forward by driving integrated working, delivering commercial activities and developing our membership base. A natural communicator, networker and strategist, you’ll build firm internal and external relationships that will see us hit our ambitious targets here.
This is a new role to our Executive Team and an incredible opportunity to make your mark on an established and reputable brand.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a director of the highest calibre. This role leads Membership, Fundraising, Commercial and Corporate Partnerships and is accountable for an integrated supporter and revenue growth plan. However we need an individual who understands that all of our support – financial or otherwise – is consistently seen within the context of our wider charitable purpose.
So to deliver this role successfully, you will need to:
- You’ll be an outstanding leader of high performing senior teams and you’ll have extensive experience of executing large scale change
- You’ll have proven experience of working at senior/director level of a large-scale organisation in an commercial, supporter development role – in any sector
- Have knowledge of the national conservation agenda and corporate governance and understand the heritage and not-for-profit sectors
- Be able to influence at Board level and in the external environment
- You can demonstrate your development of leading commercial strategies
- Be able to interpret and communicate strategic priorities and enable understanding and engagement at all levels
- Have high level networking, communication and presentation skills
- Have previous experience in business planning, project management and financial management
Looking after you:
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career:
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to us:
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 1st July 2018
1st interviews will be held on 23rd July (Heelis or Bristol), 26th July (Heelis) and 27th July (Northern Ireland)