Head of Risk Analysis
Head of Risk Analysis - Oxford
Circa 70,000 + Group Performance Bonus & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Do you have the analytical capability to deconstruct complex problems and develop insightful and simple explanations? Are you a strong communicator who can simplify concepts for non-technical audiences? Do you have the intellectual curiosity to work through and understand issues from a process and quantitative perspective?
If so, Opus Energy are hiring and we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax Group, is a well-established business to business energy supplier with current operations in Northampton, Oxford and Cardiff, employing over 850 people across multiple specialisms.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of Opus overall risk measurement framework
- To lead development and implementation of a framework by which Opus can understand and quantitatively measure the level of financial risk associated with its operations.
- To provide a centre of analytical excellence within Opus to improve its overall analytical capability.
- To ensure that Opus business wide risks are consistent with its risk appetite and aligned with its profitability target.
- Model complex data using standard and bespoke tools in SQL and other tools.
The ideal applicant will have experience of leading and managing a team of analysts, strong stakeholder management skills. The ability to develop Monte-Carlo (or similar) models to understand business risks and potential mitigations. Experience of energy market risk analysis. Having an understanding of retail energy markets and the various products and services on offer would be advantageous.
If this sounds of interest and you are looking for your next opportunity please apply or get in touch for further detail!
You may also have experience of:
Risk, Analysis, Risk Modelling,
Placement in this job is conditional upon the successful completion of pre-employment checks relevant to the role. These checks could include Basic Disclosure Background Checks, Adverse Financial Management Checks, Identity Check and proof of business/educational references. The cost of these checks will be covered by Opus Energy and the checks will not be requested until after a conditional job offer is made and accepted.