To be considered for this Operations Director position it is essential to have a general insurance background or a brokerage background.
This is a pivotal role and the following duties are expected to be carried out by the successful candidate:
- Operational Business Planning including budgeting for those areas of responsibilities, across all sites.
- Integration of acquired businesses across all areas including, but not restricted to, IT, systems, HR including payroll, processes, suppliers, facilities, marketing.
- Development and reporting operational KPI's across the group.
- Actions to redress variance to operational KPI's. Collaborating across all sites to achieve this.
- Common standards across all offices, including but not limited to, ways of working, training, insurer markets and agency consolidation.
- IT infrastructure and Software House planning, negotiation and implementation of upgrades.
- Relationships with all third party suppliers, other than insurer markets.
- HR policies and framework including, but not limited to, all contracts of employment, supporting leaders with day to day people issues, appraisal and performance framework, bonus remuneration framework, benefits including personal insurances, staff checks.
- Compliance oversight - complaints, breach and E&O reporting.
- Systems improvements.
- Ensuring they are documented and kept up to date.
- Marketing - working with the Marketing Manager to ensure marketing strategies are successful.
- Lead and drive the ongoing Change agenda.
- Accounting function and Client Money.
- Managing a client base that does not impact on the main focus of the role.
Key competencies and experience:
- Strong presence and profile across the general insurance industry
- Established relationships across general insurance broking
- Strong stakeholder Management skills at senior leadership level
- Ability to gain credibility quickly through knowledge and experience
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong insurance broking knowledge
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Skillful communicator with the ability to engage with and build strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to identify early warning signs of any potential variance to plan
- Strong delivery focus
Technical Knowledge and Understanding:
- 10 years general insurance broking experience
- In-depth knowledge of all the commercial and operational attributes and levers within general insurance broking
- Degree, FCII/ACII qualified
- Track record of setting up and managing successful operational functions
- Experience of managing and leading in a "Matrix" management structure
- Financial and commercial experience
- Experience in M&A activity is ideal
If you feel this Operations Director is the next step for you then please do not hesitate to apply or contact me (see below)