BULK POWDERS® is a global eCommerce business selling high quality sports nutrition products directly to consumers. The company was formed in 2005 and has grown rapidly since then. Not only did BULK POWDERS® rank 34 in the recent Sunday Times Fast Track league table, but was also placed as the 6th fastest growing online retailer in the UK.
BULK POWDERS® is a highly ambitious business and is targeting revenues of approaching £50 million having grown its top line at more than 40% per annum over the past three years and now has a 16,000 square foot warehouse and manufacturing facility based in Colchester, Essex.
Reporting to the joint Managing Directors and owners of the business, the Finance Director (FD) will be an exceptional accountant with a hands-on approach to company finances combined with maturity and commercial awareness and able to advise on the best path of growth for the business. The FD will be part of the leadership team and will be a BULK POWDERS® Executive Board member.
BULK POWDERS® is a global business and the FD will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy and is expected to recommend and implement change based on rigorous analysis of the most profitable outcomes.
The FD will be responsible for managing the Finance Team through month and year end financial reporting and the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. As part of a fast-paced and high growth eCommerce business, the FD will respond effectively to change, as well as being able to coordinate corporate finance activities and manage company procedures and policies.
- Form close working relationships with the Managing Directors and leadership team
- Drive financial planning of the company by analysing performance and risks
- Working with the Executive Board to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- Overall responsibility for the company’s accounting function, retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, targets, business drivers and projects
- Ensure the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support the business now and in the future
- Lead the Finance Team and take responsibility for personal development, team resourcing requirements and succession planning
- Managing and reviewing the budgeting processes and forecasting
- Responsibility for company cash and treasury management, including foreign exchange transactions
- Preparation of timely and detailed reports on financial performance
- Corporate finance: managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and equity
- Oversight of annual audit and production company accounts
- Responsibility for ensuring all aspects of tax compliance
- Establishing a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties
- Qualified member of an accountancy body (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accountancy principles, regulations and best practices
- Experience working as a senior finance professional in a growing, global eCommerce FMCG business highly desirable
- Background in high level finance positions, ideally in a SME environment
- Commercially astute, dynamic and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Articulate and exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Experience implementing and developing robust ERP systems and processes; proficient in the use of MS Office (Advanced Excel) and financial management software (experience with Sage 200 would be an advantage)
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- High integrity and commitment to good governance
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Passion for excellence and innovation to promote business growth and success
- A strong team leader and mentor for the Finance Team
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly