Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Exertis has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to join their growing finance team based in Burnley.
The Financial Planning and Reporting Manager role reports directly in to the Finance Director for Exertis UK&I. The role is responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting to the Board and its budget holders.
Exertis is the leading global technology distribution and supply chain services provider in the IT, Communications and Home Entertainment. After 35 years of profitability Exertis continues to outperform the market, quadrupling its business in the last five years and achieving revenues of over £2.5 billion in FY17. Exertis represents hundreds of manufacturers and provides distribution and supply chain services internationally, spanning more than 25, 000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer communications, security and AV solution.
Exertis is part of DCC plc, a FTSE 100 company specialising in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 10,500 people worldwide with an annual turnover in excess of £12 billion. Being part of DCC provides us with superior financial strength and the ability to continually invest in bringing new services to the market.
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis Key Responsibilities:
- To develop the short and medium term financial planning and reporting strategy. To initiate, design and develop a meaningful reporting suite to enable all levels of management to fully understand and monitor performance of all elements of the business;
- To develop, standardise and embed current financial planning and reporting processes with the business;
- To ensure all reporting deadlines are met, and to assist in working towards and achieving goals for all elements of the business;
- To liaise with management, to understand their information requirements and to present and interpret data and analysis produced;
- To help support effective use of financial planning and reporting outputs as opposed to simply providing reports;
- To take a joint lead role in planning and delivering the both annual budget and strategic three-year planning processes;
- Management of a small team of reporting analysts;
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business;
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes within the broader finance team.
Standards of Performance/KPIs:
- Development and delivery of financial planning structures and associated outputs
- Building, improving and delivering finance information for multiple business segments
- Development of business wide KPI reporting structures
- Improved integration of subsidiary business units into core financial planning and reporting structures
- Overall accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Internal customer satisfaction performance of the Financial Planning and Reporting team
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- High attention to detail and an ability to review work quickly and accurately
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from other parts of the business around financial planning and reporting
- Extensive knowledge in working with ERP applications
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Broader experience with specific data analysis, presentation and reporting tools
- Good communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers
- Ability to tailor the communications to the appropriate audience
- Experienced people manager
- Demonstrated ability to lead process and system changes
- Have excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focus
- Building relationships
- Results driven
Send your CV to Katherine Allwood by clicking on Apply.