Partner Financial are seeking an experienced Group Technical Accounting Manager for a Global organisation.
The business is a genuine World-leader with their sector and has a strong international brand name. They are aligned with several high-growth markets and offer a range of truly innovative services used by diverse range of end customers.
Reporting into the Head of Group Accounting and Reporting the successful candidate will help to deliver technical projects globally and form an essential part of the group finance team by providing clear technical accounting advice and guidance whilst ensuring that new accounting standards are properly understood.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide best in class technical accounting advice, on areas of complexity and new business activities
- Facilitating internal discussions on key areas of financial judgements, propose recommended accounting treatment and support the Group FC and Group CFO
- Partner with the business to assess the impact from changes in accounting standards
- Researching technical accounting issues and providing accounting support on complex business transactions
- Author technical accounting papers to set out the key considerations where required
- Assist on other business projects as required
- Developing a robust process to ensure documenting areas of significant judgement in an appropriate way whilst ensuring they are continually monitored
- Maintain and update accounting policies to ensure compliance with IFRS and local GAAP
- Partnering with the Financial Reporting team to ensure that all items are recorded correctly and disclosed appropriately
- Partnering with the tax team to ensure that all tax implications are fully considered for all
- Driving the implementation of new technical accounting standards including IFRS 16, IFRS 15 and IFRS 9
- Developing technical accounting knowledge across all Finance teams
- Provide support and training on emerging accounting standards, including developing training materials, to finance and non-finance colleagues across the business.
- Manage the group audit process of complex accounting areas, working closely with the external audit team
The successful candidate will be a Big 4 or Top 10 trained qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience gained within a large company environment with an in-depth knowledge of IFRS/GAAP standards. You will have a strong mix of relationship management and technical accounting skills (including experience of researching, interpreting and applying accounting standards). Candidates who have previous experience gained in a Big 4 Technical Advisory team as a Manager or Senior Manager are highly desirable. Finally, experience gained within the Consumer, Retail or Media sector ideally in a FTSE 100 or equivalent size organisation is also highly desirable.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Neil French, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.