Product Director - Triton Showers
Very competitive salary + full corporate benefits package
An outstanding opportunity to join this established World-Class, brand and market leading manufacturer of technical consumer products and accessories.
Part of the Norcros Group Plc and the leading manufacturer of showers for UK and international markets, Triton has a track record of success second to none. With its instantly recognisable brand name and through continued marketing, design and product category innovation, the business has maintained a market leading share and success over more than 40 years; and is now seeking a talented and ambitious executive to ensure delivery of the next stages in its growth plan.
From its UK headquarters, development and manufacturing site, Triton has a clear vision and robust 5-year strategy to grow sales and profits; increasing its leading share in key product and trade channels, as well as expanding sales in high growth sub-categories and developing sales in new international markets.
This is a newly created position, reporting to the Managing Director and part of the Executive team, to help deliver the strategic plan by strengthening its market leading position though continued Product led design and development.
Specifically, the role will entail:
- Working closely with the Marketing Director coordinating and implementing the strategy, planning and execution for the next generation of products; building consensus across the business and driving effective execution
- Planning and formulating the company’s R&D proposals, working with Marketing and Commercial colleagues to identify future technological and innovative opportunities that can add value to its products
- In conjunction with the Sales and Marketing teams, expand on the product strategy, product roadmaps and specification of product requirements and the communication of the strategy in a compelling and inspiring manner throughout the business
- Acting as the company’s product ‘evangelist’ both internally and externally, maximising the market leading product attributes ensuring delivery of objectives as well as functioning as the product and technical contact point
- Aggressively identifying opportunities for product improvement and incorporating new product features and technology working with the commercial teams to identify and define market opportunities and develop product briefs
- Developing and implementing effective methods for monitoring NPI projects delivering on time, to budget and cost; including the preparation of records of expenditure and progress reports as necessary
- Working with customers externally and internally to define and refine product requirements, leading cross-functional NPI teams to deliver product concepts and bring them to market on time and to budget
- Working with Quality, Sales and After Sales departments to address product or technical queries or complaints, resolving product or technical problems
- Working closely with the Operations Director to ensure the most cost effective technical and commercial materials are used and products are Designed and Developed optimised and suitable for manufacture
- Best practice research and benchmarking. Conducting competitive analysis and developing a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive development decisions
- Identifying and managing a product cost reduction, value analysis, standardisation and rationalisation programme to improve product margins and overall corporate financial performance
- Maintain programmes that continue to deliver Corporate Product Vitality Rates between 30 & 40%
- Ensuring compliance with all necessary standards and legislation representing the business on industry and technical / industry panels as necessary
- Working with the Executive team to develop and implement the company’s forward strategy and responsible for the delivery of the Company’s annual budget and strategic objectives
- Challenging the status quo in every operating function of the Company, whilst maintaining and developing fully trained, motivated and effective teams
- Monitoring and developing measures of performance for Product and Design to enable continuous improvement in efficiency and productivity whilst maintaining overall corporate objectives
Educated to degree level in a technical subject (or with relevant experience of performing a similar role) candidates will need to evidence extensive product development experience, ideally coupled with knowledge of consumer products that have a technical aspect (electrical / mechanical). The ability to drive through product changes & rationalisation programmes & lead innovation and development projects in a fast-moving sales & marketing environment will also need to be substantiated. In addition, the position will require someone who can demonstrate in their career to date:
- Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of on time project delivery
- An inclusive, consultative modern management style, with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues across a business and within a group structure
- The energy and ability to win hearts & minds
- Board level experience, although high potential senior managers will also be considered
In addition to a highly attractive remuneration package this role offers a professionally rewarding career opportunity and the chance to shape the future of one of the UK’s leading brands.