- Fee – £700 per day
- Edinburgh or Horley with occasional travel between the two.
SGN manages the network that distributes natural and green gas to homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. They deliver a safe, secure and reliable gas supply to 5.9 million customers. Their distribution networks cover Scotland, the south of England and part of Northern Ireland and they operate within a regulatory environment under a licence issued by Ofgem. Discussions about the next price control framework have begun and Ofgem has set the timetable for companies to submit initial business plans in Q3 2019 and final business plans in Q1 2020.
Customer Engagement Group (CEG)
The CEG will provide independent challenge to SGN and views to Ofgem on whether the company’s business plans address the needs and preferences of consumers. The Group will provide a report to Ofgem to accompany the submission of the business plans.
The CEG will include a range of expertise and stakeholders and ensure that the process SGN follows properly captures and acts on the views of a range of groups.
SGN will be producing separate business plans for Scotland and the south of England and is looking for CEG members who bring those different regional perspectives. The CEG will be structured as a single group, but with a balance of regional representation and working through two sub groups on the detail of the plans. The Chair of the CEG will be supported by two regional Deputy Chairs, helping to coordinate the specialist input from members of the Group.
SGN is looking to appoint two Deputy Chairs – one for Scotland and one for the South. They will report into the newly appointed Chair, and be expected to chair meetings in their regions as necessary; support the Chair in reflecting on the workings of the Group and its governance; provide a view on whether regional stakeholders across the board have been adequately engaged; contribute to the drafting of the report to Ofgem where it deals with specific regional aspects.
Time commitment will vary, but average 2 days a month for two years.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of understanding and balancing the needs of a variety of stakeholders, with significant experience of effective stakeholder engagement
- A strong appreciation of key stakeholder groups in the relevant region (Scotland or the South), built up from being based in those regions
- An independent perspective, with the intellect, experience, breadth of vision and ability to provide original input to CEG meetings, challenging business strategy, process and planning in a constructive manner
- Motivation to act in the best interests of gas consumers and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken and the ability to articulate complex issues confidently and clearly
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, work to achieve a shared consensus and accept collective responsibility across all members of the Customer Engagement Group.
Please apply with your CV and covering note, quoting reference number IDBB5812. Alternatively telephone +44 (0) 845 261 0600.