Group Head of Internal Audit
MERJE have been retained to search for a Head of Audit for a leading International Manufacturing Business.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Audit you will support the delivery of an effective internal audit function for the Group, with specific emphasis on proactively managing internal audit resources to provide assurance that major business risks are managed effectively, offering clear recommendations for improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and conduct internal audit reviews (in finance and operational areas) with a view to identifying significant risks and mitigating actions and controls
- Ensure the reliability and integrity of reporting processes and associated management information
- Recommend a program and diary of internal audit topics and engagements
- Achievement of key metrics around timely issue and close out of reports, working with Management to deliver pragmatic solutions and realistic action plans for implementation.
- Support finalization of key deliverables for Audit Committee and the Group Executive Committee on a timely basis
- Deliver, as directed, individual audit assignments to the highest professional standards, with creativity, insight and pace including: robust opinions on the effectiveness of Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Build relationships with, and work collaboratively with, all key business stakeholders in order to encourage and promote a culture of continuous improvement in the effectiveness of business processes and controls
- Manage internal audit reviews supported by internal team resource and under a co-source arrangement for specialist areas
- Monitor and comment on the risk and control environment through attendance at operational and compliance meetings
- Participate in special reviews and investigations as and when required
- Drive the adoption of good practice within the Internal Audit team and the wider Finance and operational teams to improve processes regionally
Being a qualified accountant with experience of external audit from a Big4 firm you will have the following skills:
- Experience at a senior level of internal audit in a multi-site organization
- Experience of the manufacturing/ distribution sector would be a distinct advantage
- Management experience including management of people and departments
- Highly developed commercial management experience and business acumen
- Used to operating effectively as a senior leader across different businesses and functions in complex organizations
- Ability to influence business leaders in development of an effective risk and assurance environment