Director of Finance
Our client is a privately owned, entrepreneurial and growing multi-site business with a unique customer offering and strong position in the market. With very clear values, our client has achieved great success to date internationally and is now looking to replicate these exciting growth plans in the UK.
To support and facilitate this growth, the business is now looking to recruit a high calibre, commercially-oriented Director of Finance to take full accountability for running all aspects of the finance function. Reporting directly to the CEO and with significant exposure to senior management, key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as strong and trusted business partner to the CEO and working in close partnership with the senior management team, supporting commercial and operational decision-making across the organisation
- Ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight controls, drive continuous improvements and efficiencies to facilitate an effective infrastructure to support future growth
- Managing and overseeing all financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, annual accounts preparation, audit relationships, compliance, tax, payroll and company cash flow to agreed deadlines
- Providing financial and commercial analysis to challenge assumptions and highlight any risks and opportunities surrounding new and existing business initiatives
- Playing an active part in ad hoc projects including systems implementation and acquisitions
- Proactive management, development and ongoing motivation of the team
The successful candidate will be a technically strong, commercially minded, qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record of working in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented, growth environment. You will possess a strong reporting background, with advanced Excel skills, and a demonstrable track record of managing, leading and successfully developing a finance team. Previous exposure to operating within a multi-site organisation would be highly advantageous. Exposure to transactions within an SME environment would also be beneficial.
A confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision-making, whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and get into the detail. You will have the emotional intelligence to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner, with a strong analytical, problem-solving mind set. With exceptional interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to develop and build long-lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
To thrive within this organisation you will enjoy operating within a change-oriented, highly commercial and truly collaborative environment.