Planning Director, Retail/Shopper
My client is on a mission to transform Shopper Media through helping brands grow by reaching shoppers at the point of consideration and purchase. Additionally, they help retailers to build shopper media offerings that deliver happier customers, better performance and brilliant business results.
With a strong client roster, they work with retail partners and trademarked technology tools to change the industry for the better.
They are now recruiting a Planning Director to help take them into the next era of growth and understand that their people is their biggest asset and value talent over experience every day.
The Planning Director will be a senior leader within the business, responsible for developing market-leading campaigns for clients, creating ideas that will win with shoppers and developing strategies that will deliver results.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Idea generation & strategy development - Running brainstorms, workshops and planning sessions with internal stakeholders to develop insight-led, idea-driven marketing campaigns for clients.
- Building the client response - Acting as a guarding of the agency's output.
- Team management - Leading a core team of direct reports; from junior planner to more experienced members of the team.
- Development of tools and materials - Creating and deploying tools needed for the company to run effectively.
- Building cross-team collaboration - Working closely with the creative department, writing inspirational briefs that build visual responses for clients, build relationships with counterparts in the client team and ensure delivery of outstanding internal service.
- Leading a group-wide organisational project - My client is a young business, growing fast. This person will be expected to get stuck in to help build an outstanding business through leading training and development efforts or managing PR and marketing agendas.
This person will be an experienced Strategist/Planner who can demonstrate clear marketing knowledge and expertise; either from an agency-side planning/strategy role or client-side.
- Experience in Media Planning or Shopper Planning would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a marketing or planning role is a MUST
- Coaching and development of a high performing team
- Track record in creating marketing plans for brands that delivered results
- Balance of creativity and commerciality
- Confident using data balanced with natural gut instinct for marketing