Deputy Director of Finance
Loughborough University, recently ranked 4th in the Guardian University Guide 2019, is one of the UK’s leading Higher Education Institutions with an exceptional reputation for student experience, academic achievement, world class research and unparalleled sporting achievement. Loughborough is an ambitious and innovative organisation with 25% of its £320m revenue generated via commercial operations substantial programme of capital investment. It has a bold strategy for the future and an engaged, positive leadership team committed to its ongoing success.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented finance leader to lead the whole finance function as Deputy Director of Finance. This role will be responsible for continuing to deliver the high quality support that finance currently provide the University. This is a high profile supporting the Finance Director and University leadership to build on its strong financial position and meet the challenges of the current economic climate and the changing Higher Education sector.
- Manage, motivate and coach a large finance team including accounting, business partnering, treasury, tax, procurement and financial shared services
- Support the strategic leadership team, providing financial insight and analysis that will ensure Loughborough University remains successful far into the future
- Deputise for the Director of Finance as the key contact for leadership and governance committees
- You must be more than an excellent accountant; we are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and commercially minded leader who is able to work across the University and engage with colleagues, funders and stakeholders at all levels.
- You will already be in a senior finance post and should have significant post qualification experience in leading a finance team. You should not be deterred by a lack of experience working in a University; with the Higher Education sector experiencing unprecedented change a team ethos and a positive and determined attitude are welcome, whatever your background.
- You will bring a pragmatic, strategic view, able balance both the commercial operations with the wider University objectives.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Amy Parkinson at Berwick Partners by clicking "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Amy Parkinson on 0161 498 3423.
Closing date for applications: 6th July 2018