Business Intelligence Programme Lead
Excellent opportunity for a highly experienced Business Intelligence Programme Lead to join an expanding Financial Services organisation. You will be responsible for the delivery of solutions and projects within the Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse (DW) programme.
Global financial services organisation
- Collaborates with local country IT teams on rollout of BI initiatives.
- Maintains a close watch over market trends in the BI and Data Warehouse space and ensures relevant innovations are integrated into the overall corporate data strategy.
- Responsible for the day to day management, motivation and development of the team.
- Provides direction to all projects and teams associated with BI and Data Warehouse activities.
- Takes overall responsibility and accountability for the deliverables, cost, schedule, and quality of all projects in the BI and DW space.
- Develops / reviews / approves project plans, manages issues & risks, contributes to issue resolution, allocates and directs staff and other resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintains full control over all aspects of the BI/DW programme.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to executive management regarding progress, issues, risks and conflicts.
- Works with procurement teams to source market leading BI data solutions and service providers.
- Manages vendors to ensure project delivery deadlines, performance and service levels, and quality measures are satisfied.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and vendor resources, as well as internal managers and vendor management.
- Has thorough understanding of Business Intelligence, Operational and Management Reporting, and Analytics, as well as a strong understanding of the underlying Data Warehouse technologies.
- Uses appropriate knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Interfaces with executive management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding programme direction.
- Takes a hands-on approach to the management of all programme activities and drives teams to deliver quality in a timely fashion.
- Prior experience with global projects and stakeholders.
- Experience delivering projects using Oracle, Cognos and DataStage.
- Ability to oversee multiple large and complex IT projects utilizing a matrixed project team made up of multiple departments, vendors and stakeholders in diverse geographical locations.
- Detailed knowledge of Programme Management methodologies and tools and the software development life cycles.
- Thorough understanding of programme financials and budgeting.
- Ability to deliver quality and innovative solutions to customers that are sustainable by IT.
- Ability to operate with the utmost integrity and consistently display a positive attitude to work and the various challenges encountered in a programme environment.
- Experience with Agile project delivery and project management.
- Opportunity to lead a Business Intelligence Programme in Europe.
- Opportunity to build-out a Business Intelligence function.