I am recruiting for a fast-growing group of businesses based in Harrogate looking for a strong Financial Controller to be responsible for the day to day running of the finance function as well as looking at the strategy of the business and helping with strong commercial business decisions through acquisitions. The role will report into the Group Finance Director.
The Financial Controllers role will also me managing the team which consist of Qualified and Part qualified accountants as well as the Transactional Finance team.
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Finance department
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Responsibility for all journals and final General Ledger balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Support the growth and acquisitions of new businesses into the group
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts for the Group and its various subsidiary companies as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Play a full part in providing relevant & timely financial information to the Board to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's strategy and objectives, e.g. weekly KPIs
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to the Board and third-party stakeholders
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to stock, debtors and cash balances
- Overseeing the Transactional Finance Function
- Support the Finance Director in the development and execution of the Group's taxation strategy
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Implementation of a change management culture by challenging & replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses
- Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Strong Management experience and experience of leading a team
- Strong Systems experience
- Experience of bringing news business into a group so exposure to M&A activity
- Strong Commercial experience
- Knowledge of Managing a Financial Control team
If this role is of interest then please apply online.