Group Sales Director
You will be responsible for leading a sales function for this new business division. In this role you will devise a sales strategy that aligns to business objectives, it will also maximise the opportunities to increase up sell and cross sell opportunities across the product solutions.
Our client is a leading software organisation. The business is very successful and has recently launched a new division, providing software solutions in to the Education market.
The organisation is almost 40 years old and has a number of offices across the UK.
This position sits within a new business division within the wider company.
Sales Director, Education - Software in to the Education sector
As Sales Director you will be responsible for:
- Leading and motivating a national sales function, combining field and telesales teams
- Developing the sales teams capabilities whilst driving a high performing culture
- Developing a culture of career development, effective headcount and succession planning
- Ensuring the client base is aware of the whole range of solutions that the organisation has to offer
- Driving a strategy that improves client acquisition and client development
- Devising and implementing strategic and tactical campaigns to maintain growth plans
- Assisting in providing market awareness of future requirements
To be suitable for this Sales Director, Education role you will need:
- Extensive sales leadership experience
- Experience of selling technology solutions in to the Education or Public Sector markets
- Experience of working within an environment where sales opportunities involve a bid/tender process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence and resilience to interact with the senior leadership team
- Ideally experience of working with acquired companies and the required management of post-acquisition synergies for staff and clients
- Ability to hire, manage, coach and mentor a sales team to deliver sustainable sales growth in line with the growth objectives of the company