Head of Finance
Iceland Seafood UK is an autonomous division of Iceland Seafood International, €250m+ Euro listed international Food Group. Iceland Seafood International is a leading supplier of North Atlantic fish and seafood founded in 1932. The company, whose headquarters are based in Reykjavik, Iceland, operate five added value processing plants in Europe supplying a wide range of customers.
The UK retail Business is a £35m Turnover division and based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. The business utilises raw materials from around the world as well as the UK and EU for further process, packing and trading to the major UK supermarket groups and key Foodservice customers.
Their site employs circa 50 people and is run by a small but 'hands-on', highly experienced management team.
Reporting into the MD, the Head of Finance will be based in Bradford and will be responsible for all aspects of Finance. Managing a team with 4 Direct Reports (Financial Controller, Accounts Assistant, Logistics Manager, 2 part time support staff), the successful candidate will become a key part of senior decision making team in the business, challenging the manufacturing operations, whilst developing and improving as opposed to just managing.
- Develop the Financial function so that it becomes pivotal to all aspects of the business
- Support senior decision making with appropriate analysis
- Lead with the Managing Director further development of the business' strategic plan
- Monthly reporting and forecasting
- Financial management of the manufacturing and trading business
- IT management
- Customs duty and end use
- Management and distribution of monthly board pack
- Distribution of board notes - and follow up
- Currency management and hedging
- Costing systems, Stock management and control
- Capital projects and proposals - where applicable, and evaluation of projects
- KPI management and reporting, Budgeting
- Capacity planning and modelling
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing/FMCG/Manufacturing environment
- Hands on and able to operate at all levels in the business
- Good communication and motivational skills
- At ease with cross functional projects and workstreams
- Inquisitive, solutions orientated and a desire to make things happen
- Good work ethic, lead by example
Please contact Rafi Davies at Marks Sattin to discuss the role in further detail.