Investment Analyst - Student Accommodation Developer
- Exciting opportuntity to have a 360 involvement in a Property Portfolio
- Investment, Strategy and Portfolio Development
About Our Client
About Liberty Living
Liberty Living Limited is one of the UK's largest privately-owned providers of purpose-built student accommodation with over 23,500 beds under management, located in 19 major university towns and cities across the UK (and c.1,000 beds in Europe). Liberty Living's portfolio was valued at c.£2 billion in mid-2018.
In line with trends in student living, nearly 90% of Liberty Living's rooms are ensuite with shared kitchens and social areas. The remainder are studio flats or non-ensuite rooms. All rooms are situated in high-quality, modern residences with, on average, 400 or more bedrooms, providing scale needed to manage assets effectively and efficiently.
The business's aim is to create the best environment for students to thrive; well-located, well-priced, social and secure accommodation with outstanding facilities. Liberty Living serves first to final year, domestic and international students and aims to provide extremely high levels of service to both students and educational institution partners.
Liberty Living is a trusted partner to more than 40 educational institutions who rely on the company to provide best-in-class student accommodation and facilities, so the institution can focus on delivering world-leading education. Liberty Living's financial strength, operational track record and high quality of service is a key differentiator when educational institutions are selecting accommodation partners.
Liberty Living was acquired by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in March 2015. Since then, the portfolio has grown by 41%.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Designing, producing, amending and updating complex financial models (DCF, NPV, IRR etc.) for business planning, valuations, capital investment and investment management.
- Assisting in running scenario analyses on the models and producing summaries to enable decision making.
- Collating and analysing sector data on current and target markets to support business decisions, including monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and recent transactions.
- Assisting in identifying portfolio management opportunities to optimise returns from existing portfolio.
Transaction Management & Due Diligence
- Assist in the identification, analysis and due diligence collations for potential transactions (acquisitions and disposals).
- Undertake transaction due diligence & data room analysis.
- Liaising with external counterparties (lawyers, advisers, accountants, etc.).
- Assisting in writing recommendation papers for Management and Board approvals.
- Assisting in the drafting of business strategic presentations.
- Collating data for and assisting in the preparation of board reports.
Planning and Organising
- Effective planning and organising of time and tasks in line with needs of the business.
- This comprehensive role may require additional support to the wider business as directed by your manager and/or Senior Management Team.
The Successful Applicant
Education & Qualifications
- A strong undergraduate degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent) with an interest in the real estate sector.
- Prior valid experience as an Analyst within real estate M&A, Big 4 accounting firm, investment banking, private equity, consulting or real estate corporate finance.
- Advanced understanding of financial modelling, with the analytical capabilities to plan, build, use and interpret models.
- Highly numerate.
- Strong written presentation skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve, multi-task, plan and organise.
- Enthusiasm and drive with evidence of "going the extra mile" coupled with strong focus and a flexible and resilient attitude.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent team player with an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
Effective & Persuasive Communication Skills
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong communicator with a direct and open style.
- Effectively collaborate with all levels of personnel.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, market leading benefits and a generous discretionary bonus scheme.
Ref Code: MPFE13925549Z