Financial Controller - Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a large fleet of ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 3,400 seafarers and over 300 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
- A masters' degree holder in finance/accounting or related disciplines.
- Membership of HKICPA, ACCA or other equivalent international accounting associations will be an advantage
- Significant financial controller experience at sizeable companies, preferably publicly listed.
- International experience (outside Hong Kong) will be an advantage
- Experience in the shipping industry is essential and preferably in dry bulk
- Experience with maritime business software systems such as IMOS is valued
- Detail oriented with strong analytical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English, and confident in dealing with different levels of staff internally
- Good computer skills
- Report to the CFO
- Continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budgets, cash flows, financial forecasts and report variances
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies with the focus on efficiencies
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work closely with commercial team on commercial KPIs, marketing presentations, benchmarking etc.
- Work closely with Finance, Accounting team and IT teams
- Ad hoc projects from time to time
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but on the basis of your business behaviour as well. Cultural fit and adherence to company values is of paramount importance to us. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department by clicking "Apply". We only accept CVs in pdf format.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.