Director (Grade AD14)
4 days left
Director (Grade AD14)
European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), Budapest
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is an EU body which aims to be a flagship for excellence in European innovation. Acting as a catalyst for economic growth and job creation throughout the EU, the EIT seeks to stand out as a world-class innovation Institute, inspiring and driving change in existing European universities, research institutions and businesses, both new and established, spanning SMEs to large multinationals.
The EIT is seeking to appoint a Director, whose particular responsibilities will reside in the development, organisation and management of the EIT activities, as well as in the legal representation of the Institute. The Director is accountable to the Governing Board on all strategic, financial and operational matters.
The closing date for registration is 29 June 2018, 12.00 noon Brussels time.
- To take ownership of all matters concerning the organisation, administration and implementation of EIT activities and processes
- To ensure the implementation of effective performance monitoring and evaluation procedures and to safeguard the interests, goals, autonomy and coherence of the EIT
- To prepare and draft strategic documents, work programmes, annual reports and budgets for submission to the Governing Board
The ideal candidate should have:
- Very good analytical and organisational skills as well as the capacity to develop longer-term strategies, and be able to manage a large European or International Body, both at strategic and operational level
- Good knowledge and understanding of the EU Institutions and how they operate and interact
- Proven experience of budgetary, financial and human resources management in a European or international context
- Proven experience in policy and practice relevant to higher education, research, business or innovation and experience of leadership in one of these areas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills. In particular, the ability to communicate to the public and cooperate effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders (European, international, national and local authorities, international organisations, etc.)
- The ability to lead and motivate a large team in a European, multicultural and multilingual environment, including the capacity to set and communicate objectives, prioritise tasks and to ensure their execution
- Good understanding of EU policies, procedures and international activities of relevance to the activities of the EIT
- A very good command of English — the working language of EIT — would be an additional asset.
Please consult the detailed vacancy notice in the Official Journal C 187 A/02 of 01.06.2018 as well as the EIT website.
For more information and how to apply please click the apply button.