Chief Executive Officer (Charity, West Midlands)
Our client is a specialist charity based in the West Midlands, which helps to support local good causes, community projects and worthwhile initiatives that have made the local area a better place to live, work and study in. The organisation’s grants are available to projects and groups that help people who live in the local area. The organisation helps everyone from small youth groups to large arts institutes in the region.
There is a key requirement to recruit a suitably experienced Chief Executive Officer to run the charity.
Core responsibilities of the CEO will entail:
- Working with the Chair of Trustees and being responsible to the Trustees for the overall successful operational leadership and financial health of the organisation
- Ensuring the organisation drives forward its charitable activities in accordance with the charitable strategy approved by the Board
- Be responsible for staff leadership, management and administration of the organisation in the execution of the Board of Trustees’ policies
- Maintain effective networks with all stakeholders (including members, current and potential beneficiaries and the general public) – Act as the focal point of contact with the public, members, community bodies and regulators on matters of concern, or importance, which might require action on the part of the Trustees
- CEO/MD level experience of running charities successfully
- Knowledge and awareness of charity law is of paramount importance
- Experience and knowledge of dealing with property issues and/or portfolios in previous roles would be really important
- Ideally, experience of working for membership organisations
- Experience of long term strategic planning would be really important, in relation to previous charity/public sector expertise
- Strong presentation and overall communication skills – a first class public speaker
- An excellent team management and organisations skill-set.
- A diplomatic, dynamic and commercially focused Executive Leader.
- A wonderful charity that presents the individual with a wealth of interesting challenges and projects to get involved with.
- A highly autonomous and senior post with important responsibilities which will be very rewarding in terms of making a really positive impact on the local area.
- A supportive and intelligent group of staff and Trustees that are passionate about the work, local area and the charity’s focus.
If this opportunity is suitable and of interest, please email over to us a copy of your CV. We will respond to suitable applicants by the 25th June. Thank you