A technically strong Financial Controller is required for a FTSE 250 retail and leisure business undergoing significant change and transformation. Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, this is newly created role, taking ownership for all areas of group finance.
In this business critical leadership role, key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for the Group and subsidiary companies for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes to consolidate all management accounts across the group
- Building a 'best in class' transactional accounting function, providing strategic oversight and direction for all transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Identifying and driving actions to simplify operational procedures, implement process efficiencies, and establishing and embedding improved reporting frameworks
- Maintaining relationships with key internal senior stakeholders
- Leading and developing the finance team
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, qualified Chartered Accountant, with a strong technical background and with prior experience of group financial reporting, statututory accounting and consolidations within a PLC environment. You will have a proven track record of process improvement and delivering efficiencies within a change environment. Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team within a transactional accounting finance function will also be essential. Ideally, you will have previously worked within a fast moving and multi-site organisation.
You will be a confident and pro-active self-starter with strong interpersonal skills coupled with the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With visible enthusiasm and drive you will thrive in a fast-paced and change-oriented environment.