A high growth Digital Education Business that is private equity-backed is searching for a Finance Director to work closely with the CEO, PE investors and other key stakeholders to help drive the business forward. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, high-growth business and help deliver a successful exit. They are genuinely open to candidates making their first step up to CFO, so a real opportunity for someone who wants to become a private equity CFO.
As the Finance Director, you will provide great quality commercial and strategic analysis to provide the business and board with the information to help them make key decisions about:
- Pricing and commercial agreements (subscription based)
- Customer acquisition
- Return on investment across the business with recommendations to the board including marketing spend
- Growing the franchisee network and maintaining effective working relationships with existing franchises
- Fund raising a highly commercial FD would be ideal.
- Full management of finance, financial reporting and financial controls across the business, managing a team of currently 3 in finance (finance controller and 2x assistants)
- Budgets and forecasting
- Design, development and monitoring of KPIs across the business
- Identifying and driving opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Taking the lead on all legal matters and contracts – for example: new distributor contracts, NDA’s, GDPR contracts, licence agreements
- Supporting a wide range of business and corporate development activity (e.g. partnership and channel deals, key client negotiations)
- Support with geographic expansion, further M&A and other corporate development activity in the future
- Be a key member of the board and senior management team
- Working with and supporting the CEO across all areas, becoming the de facto no.2 in the organisation
This opportunity involves preparing annual budgets and forecasts, manage working capital and annual statuary returns. Additionally, you will provide timely, accurate boards packs and monthly MI, as well as building a strong working relationship with investors.
Furthermore you will ensure best-in-class processes, systems and regulatory compliance and prepare annual budgets and forecasts, manage working capital and annual statutory returns.
To apply for this role you will:
This is an exciting and challenging role for an ambitious and conscientious individual, offering significant exposure at main Board level at a PE backed businesses with the opportunity to progress and be mentored to run a successful exit in the next 3 to 5 years
- You must have digital or marketing or media/tech background. Individuals who don’t have these sectors will NOT be considered.
- Exposure to private equity investors is preferred, either as number one or supporting a CFO. Not essential
- Be a strong business partner, who can work closely with founders and can challenge and bring rigour to their approach.
- Have commercial, strategic mind-set.
- Minimum of a 2:1 at a recognised University
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified is a must
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly