Non-Executive Director (Construction - Sub-Contracting)
Non-Executive Director - Construction
Our client is a South East based sub-contracting business, offering clients an end-to-end soft landscaping service for their outdoor needs. For over 25 years, the company has been involved in commercial landscaping across the South of the UK for a wide variety of clients, including company headquarters, new schools and academies, business and retail parks, superstores and industrial estates.
The business has a clear strategic plan to continue to develop and grow within its market in the South East region. To assist these plans, the business is seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director. The successful appointee will play a key part in strategically contributing to the Board, supporting the executive team to achieve their objectives and develop the company strategy.
As a member of the Board to:
- Take an active role on the Board Act as mentor and strategic advisor to the CEO
- Assist in developing strategic objectives and business plan; and subsequent monitoring thereof
- Play an appropriate part in the corporate governance of the Board and business, including legal/statutory requirements and trade accreditations
- Ensure that the company remains commercially competitive and returns maximum value to its shareholders
- Review and monitor operational performance and productivity and business performance and risks. Preparing for Board and Committee Meetings by reading the papers.
- Promoting and supporting the business, their services and reputation in the wider business community
The new Non-Executive Director will have proven successful business leadership experience from within the construction industry, most likely gained working within sub-contracting businesses but main contracting experience can also be considered. This market knowledge is key to the appointment.
The Non-Exec will either be a current and acting executive director seeking their first Non-Exec position or will be an experienced Non-Exec looking to add to their portfolio.
- A strategic thinker and visionary, with a track record of strategic development able to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long-term plans.
- Proven entrepreneurial flair and commercial drive
- Someone who can engage, challenge and recommend improvements to develop existing practices Enlightened, progressive, results orientated style
- Evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and inspirational people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business High degree of integrity.
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour.