Bladon Jets is a fast growth innovative Company that is revolutionising the distributed power market globally. Their patented micro-turbine technology provides an ultra-reliable replacement for traditional diesel generators. With its unique design expertise and manufacturing processes, the organisation is now undertaking extensive field testing, with volume production imminent. The technology has multiple further applications and its potential is underlined by the strength of its board and financial backing.
Due to the ramp up in activity and future product roadmap, a Chief Engineer is now required to lead the engineering function as it grows to meet demand. Reporting to the COO, you will lead the design and development of micro turbine distributed power systems and all future product applications.
Headline responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop a global engineering function headquartered in the UK with responsibility for all engineering deliverables across Mechanical, Electrical, Software & Systems Engineering through the full product lifecycle to ensure that the business, market and customer needs are met as the business grows through the global deployment of its technology
- Work collaboratively with the stakeholders, peers, partners and service providers to plan, agree and deliver the engineering activities to agreed time, cost and quality requirements
- Set and enforce standards, ensure rigour, resilience and continuous improvement in design processes, meeting all regulatory requirements, conforming to specification, quality and certification requirements within schedule and budget
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the organisation, continuously challenging and enhancing departmental best practice to develop an industry leading engineering capability
- Promote, ensure and enforce safety in the workplace
The successful candidate will be a recognised engineering leader and have:
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a multi-disciplinary engineering organisation within a similar industrial/OEM (multi-product, distributed engineering team, volume manufacturing)
- Experience of building and leading multi-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams; introducing class leading engineering management and product development systems and processes
- Proven financial management, operational excellence (i.e. six sigma, QFD), people development and budgetary management knowledge
- Professionally recognised qualifications - undergraduate BSc and post graduate CEng or equivalent combination of formal education and work/life experience.
- Market awareness to ensure design innovation is in line with market trends
- Strategic and tactical capability, flexibility, resilience, team and change orientation
An excellent base salary and package is on offer, in addition to the opportunity to joining a meritocratic, fast growth organisation.
If you have any queries or would like more information please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920