Group Financial Controller
The Group Finance team is responsible for providing centralised finance support to the main board and comprises approximately 60 people across Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and the Subcontractor Payments teams.
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for the day to day running of the Finance team. The role has 5 Direct reports and is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all transactional elements of group finance and overseeing the Accounting Team. The Accounting Team is responsible for internal and external reporting, tax, internal audit and financial planning & analysis.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure that we comply with all statutory accounting obligations and accepted best practice
- Ensure that all internal reporting requirements are met accurately and on time
- Line management responsibility for each of the 5 central teams ( Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting and Payroll)
- Act as a key finance escalation point and contact for the Commercial Directors of the regional offices
- Work with the CFO to develop and continually monitor a Finance Team strategy that ensures continuing development of a skilled and motivated finance team
- Provide technical accounting support and ad hoc support for the main board as required
- Develop, mentor and support the senior managers within the Finance team to maximise the efficiency and accuracy of their teams
- Ensure the maintenance and continual improvement of internally developed finance systems
As Group Financial Controller, your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent academic record
- Qualified accountant ( ACA/ACCA/), preferably with in depth technical experience in preparing and or reviewing group accounts
- Construction industry experience preferable but not essential
The role offers considerable room for growth and development in a well-funded, dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, working as part of an established and high-performing team.
On offer, besides from the impressive financial package, is the chance to create a real career with exceptional further opportunities in a true market leader
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria please send your CV by clicking "Apply".