Investment Analyst - Global Business
- Opportunity to work within a leadng Global Business's Investment Team
- Working closely with CEO, with autonomy and great exposure
About Our Client
Abdul Latif Jameel is a Saudi Arabia-based diversified business active in 30 countries, with a focus on the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey (MENAT) region. In addition to a core business of automobile sales, manufacturing, assembly, and engineering, ALJ has operations in the areas of consumer financial services, real estate development, power generation, environmental services and consumer retail. It is one of the largest privately held companies in Saudi Arabia.
The Analyst will work directly with the Investment Director based in the London office, as well as with the rest of the team in Dubai, through daily calls and other communications.
- Help design and prepare a detailed analysis of the portfolio, including aggregating information into management level presentations and liaising with outside providers of portfolio reports such as consultants and banks.
- Assist the Investment Director in monitoring and managing existing investments in cooperation with outside consultants, including utilizing portfolio optimization and efficient frontier techniques.
- Perform market and economic research and analysis to support or invalidate the case for asset class, geographic or industry opportunities on a relative and absolute basis. Explore correlations and stability of relationships between variables. Help with modelling the characteristics of specific funds, in conjunction with outside consultants.
- Screen and research funds and managers in the major asset classes seeking best in class candidates for the portfolio.
- Help research target companies/direct real estate opportunities in terms of their financial statements, cash-flow analysis and valuations, and analyze pitches received for new investment opportunities.
- Compile materials for recommendations to the Executive Committee, including for assets to be divested out of portfolio.
- Meet with fund managers, brokers and company executives and assist in due diligence of opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Some investment experience within a reputable investment manager, institutional investor, bank, family office or consultant.
- Detail orientated and accurate, with sophisticated level of quantitative and analytical skills including advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Familiarity with relevant analytical techniques (e.g. DCF analysis, portfolio optimization, fund analytics) and with Bloomberg or equivalent data sources.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest solutions. Some aptitude to interpret financial, technical and legal documents an advantage.
- Understand general finance, accounting, leasing and capital markets concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize quantitative financial analysis into concise written and verbal reports.
- Highly motivated team player with sense of initiative and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
- Degree from a good university.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, market leading benefits and a generous discretionary bonus
Ref Code: MPFE13899257Z