Logistics and Export Manager
- Logistics and Export Manager - Growing Manufacturing & Export Company
- Exciting role based within Port Talbot
A Growing Manufacturing and Export Business who are experiencing significant growth within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector.
1. Responsible for compliance and adherence to all export control procedures, ensuring procedures are followed and further developed in line with changes taking place in the export environment.
2. Maintaining a constant focus on constantly changing export legislation and guidelines and adapting procedures and working practices accordingly to ensure full compliance.
3. Line management responsibility for the Logistics and Export department, the health, safety and performance of the team members to achieve business objectives.
4. Through the direct reports, providing first class customer service to internal and external customers.
5. Achieving on time and full delivery targets, meeting delivery commitments through close liaison with colleagues in all departments particularly in operations, customer service, finance and quality.
6. At all times challenge and seek to improve established business administrative processes, "no sacred cows"
7. Develop positive can do attitudes and behaviours and promote a performance culture based upon the principles of Responsibility, Ownership and Accountability
8. Performance will be measured against agreed Key Performance Indicators, which you will have a role in developing for the department, KPIs that measure and demonstrate performance and continuous improvement versus set standards and targets.
The Logistics and Export Manager will have exposure to the following;
1. A strong leader with customer focus, hunger and passion to drive business improvements in the Export and Logistics department of a complex company consisting of four distinct and different Business Units with a very large international, geographical and industrial market coverage.
2. Achievement oriented and results driven, a confident, strong yet balanced people manager able to lead and develop a small team consisting of export coordinators and warehouse operatives, through a period of continuous change and planned growth in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
3. Must be a strong cultural fit with business values, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a strong team.
4. Outstanding knowledge and experience of working with freight forwarders and couriers, export and logistics processes including Commodity Codes, Export control, Spire End User approvals, Export licensing, dealing with the Export Control Organisation (ECO) and HMRC. Experience of dealing with overseas distributors & Agents.
5. A strong commercial acumen with a key focus on cost control, value for money and optimising financial transactions relating to all aspects of freight, shipping and export, including optimum use of Incoterms.
6. Possess a strong customer orientation and a proactive and positive customer service mentality with a deadline and time to market focus.
7. Strong background in managing a complex portfolio of products destined for a vast range of international end markets, with the diligence and tenacity to make things happen.
8. First class communication skills, numerate, innovative thinker, problem solver / solution provider. A can do will do attitude.
A Competitive Package will be available for the successful Logistics and Export Manager in Swansea