Programme Manager– Leisure Centre Management Reprocurement – (Out of Scope)
7 days left
To manage the programme/project for the successful reprocurement of the management of a local authorities excellent leisure centres. This will entail the development and management of the project from the current pre-procurement stage to public commencement of the preferred management arrangement on April 1st 2020.
This will entail working collaboratively with, performance managing and where necessary directing, an appointed external consultant. The Programme Manager will ensure they deliver high quality and sector specific technical, commercial, financial, procurement and strategic expertise, advice and outputs according to their contract and council’s requirements, within budget.
The Programme Manager shall be the primary owner of the project plan and accountable for ensuring the key outputs and outcomes of each stage of the process meet the plan objectives, deadlines and conform to the formal governance arrangements and decision making protocols. The Programme Manager shall be a key member of the leisure management reprocurement project board, comprising senior technical local authority managers with finance, legal, procurement, HR and marketing and communications expertise.
You shall ensure the project board works effectively as a team, has a full understanding of the project objectives, milestones, outputs and outcomes and facilitated and supported to maximise their input and technical advice for the smooth progression of the project.
Service project board meetings with agendas, meeting arrangements, timings and programme; producing and disseminating accurate meeting notes and actions and ensuring agreed tasks are monitored and delivered.
Produce and manage a comprehensive project risk register, ensuring risk severity and mitigation are regularly and systematically reviewed and communicated and individual and collective risk ownership and undertakings are identified and understood. Establish controls and escalation procedures to enable appropriate corrective action.
Produce high quality written reports and presentations for senior management and elected officials in accordance with the project decision making timetable and key project milestones, or as directed, ensuring absolute information clarity and accuracy including precise recommendations.
Monitor and manage the project budget and financial administration for ordering and purchasing services for the project, ensuring accurate record keeping for periodic financial reporting and forecasting
Outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- Effective engagement with all relevant stakeholders both internal and external to the Council. This includes residents and key stakeholder organisations from the voluntary and community sectors, local businesses and strategic agencies such as London Sport Key internal senior strategic managers with accountability for public health, social care, planning and regeneration, education (including schools and adult education), culture services, corporate strategy and change and marketing and communications, will be kept fully informed and involved in the project as necessary.
- A rigorous and robust analysis of the management options in conjunction with external consultants and internal advisers, for identification of the most advantageous model for recommendation to the Council’s Cabinet and development and delivery of a procurement strategy that ensures the preferred management arrangement is successfully implemented in 2020.
- A strategic communications plan and programme for appropriate internal and external messaging, channels and modes for a diverse audience and variable access to information, coinciding with key stages of the project plan and other significant developments or information, subject to need and transparency.
- A project that is flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances, challenges and opportunities without losing sight of the principal objectives.
- Assist with production of technical and procurement documentation, including service specification and other tender documentation should the need arise. Assist with transferring the service back in-house or establishing a Local Authority Trading Company should either be selected as the preferred management option.
- The post holder will play a role in making and implementing recommendations for better working practices and procedures.
- To assist with evaluation of tenders, should external management be determined as the preferred procurement strategy
- To present and ensure the provision of sound and timely professional advice to the Council’s senior management, the Cabinet and Council Committees and other Council Departments on matters of the project
- To undertake other temporary duties consistent with the basic objectives and/or duties of the post
- Will be required to engage with Local Authority senior management and regularly attend meetings, including Cabinet Briefings
- Work will be primarily office based, but will be required to attend site visits / meetings as appropriate
- The post holder will be required to work independently and be creative and innovative as the project is complex in nature
- The job holder will contribute to decisions made with frequent external contacts and decisions on reports, best practice and development of project within given guidelines.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualification in Sport and Physical Activity, project management, or a track record of managing complex high value projects and successful delivery, in a public sector context
- A detailed understanding of the primary responsibilities and the key issues facing local government and in particular the legal and procurement issues relating to the public leisure centre sector.
- Detailed knowledge of externalisation and other procurement strategies and models for public leisure centres
- Detailed understanding of public leisure centre’s contribution to policy priorities and outcomes including health improvement; community resilience; employment, training and volunteering; economic growth; community cohesion, safety and crime reduction
- A rounded understanding of service delivery and efficiencies and the interaction with policy choices.
- Sound experience of partnership working, demonstrating:
- The ability to work within the management and decision-making structures of the Council
- The ability to build partnerships and to work within them to achieve the strategic objectives of the participating organisations
- Ability to lead negotiations at a high level and provide technical input into discussions with developers as appropriate
- Ability to express complex information accurately, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Evidence of continuing professional development, including seeking out and developing best practice and innovation and develop workable and innovative solutions in problem solving situations
- Experience in contract management, prioritisation of works programmes, and delivering these within agreed constraints including ability to manage within contract procedures, conditions, specifications, tender evaluation, project management and financial management procedures in a contract environment
- Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively, under pressure and within tight schedules and to develop workable and innovative solutions in problem solving situations
- Experience in the various forms of public consultation techniques and working effectively towards user participation to meet Customer/ Client expectations and requirements. This includes ability to work closely with elected members and of leading public meetings and similar engagement.
- Ability to implement and maintain support systems, including IT systems, necessary for the delivery of cost effective, high quality schemes and services.
- A proven ability to produce project plans, risk assessments and resource plans.
- Proven ability to work constructively across professional boundaries and sectors
Apply for Programme Manager– Leisure Centre Management Reprocurement – (Out of Scope)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly