Head of Quality
Hallite is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance sealing solutions for hydraulic and pneumatic applications, such as valves and actuators in aerospace (civil and military), energy, off-highway and mining applications. Hallite has recently become part of the Michelin group, and operates from three manufacturing sites in China, the UK and the USA, and additional Sales locations in Canada, Italy, Germany, India and Australia.
A new Head of Quality is now required in the UK to lead the further development of the quality culture, heading up a small team and supporting the drive to be the best in class manufacturer across the Group. The successful candidate will need to evidence how they have previously developed and delivered an advanced quality strategy in a volume orientated environment.
The role covers quality responsibility for the Hallite Seals UK business with a level of autonomy and position on the Senior Leadership team where you have the ability to influence and shape the future strategy of Hallite Seals. You will:
- Develop the quality strategy in line with business goals
- Lead and develop the quality team
- Ensure products manufactured are compliant to design and customer specifications and meet the relevant legal, company and industry standards
- Manage quality risks effectively
- Drive lean, optimised quality performance and processes
- Monitor and manage effectively all relevant cost centre budgets, identifying and implementing appropriate cost efficiencies
- Proactively manage relationships with customers, internal and external stakeholders
- Make sure all health & safety regulations and practices are met and adhered to within your department
- Contribute to a dynamic and energetic Management Team
You are likely to be Degree educated and have a depth of experience in quality leadership, including working to ISO 9001 and IATF1694 or AS9145 standards. Your skills will ideally have been developed in a related product environment, although other backgrounds, such as automotive, will be considered. Experience in injection moulding would be highly valued, as would knowledge of polymer/elastomer processes.
You will have used Advanced Quality Planning tools, such as FMEA, SPC, PPAP, and Gauge R&R in your previous successes and be able to demonstrate how you have positively impacted on cultural change. Exceptional communication, project management and analytical skills will be required.
The role will be based in Hampton, Middlesex with an excellent base salary and benefits package, including bonus, pension, health care and car allowance on offer. Relocation will be supported if applicable.
The preferred method of application is online by clicking "Apply".