Due to promotion, they wish to appoint an Operations Director for one of their flagship manufacturing sites.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of operations, including production, manufacturing, purchasing, material control scheduling, continuous improvement and industrial engineering.
- To ensure that the business manufacturing capability is able to satisfy client demands and expectations, contribute to fresh and creative ways of improving operating efficiencies, reducing costs and increasing profitability.
- To lead and motivate the team to ensure all agreed standards are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a continuous improvement culture.
- To develop customer relationships that inspire confidence in their capability and by translating internal customer needs into deliverable operational activities.
- You will ideally be degree educated with proven operational experience within a manufacturing environment. Experience within the steel fabrication sectors would be an advantage, as would any experience within building materials.
- The ability to implement a rigorous set of performance measures, both quantitative and qualitative, to ensure full and accurate reporting. You will be responsible for all Capex requirements and programmes throughout the business.
- You will have good communication and negotiation skills, as there will be frequent contact with principal customers and suppliers. A good understanding of lean manufacturing principals and their implementation will be a key element of the role.
- Whilst you will be primarily responsible for this site, there will be a degree of travel required, engaging with other sites. You will have a dynamic approach to manufacturing with a positive result orientated attitude and the desire to step up into a broader General Management, Managing Director role, in the future.
- You will have a thorough understanding of Health & Safety management systems as well as quality and environmental management systems. A progressive leader who can engage and motivate a large workforce.
In the first instance please forward relevant CV’s by email including your current remuneration package quoting OPDR/811x/01 to Barnaby Stewart Senior Executive Search Ltd